Lake CX331

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aarw

by aarw

Looking very seriously at Lakes' CX331 shoes (Speedplay specific model), but struggling to find any feedback from those who are using them. Anyone out there been using them yet and can provide any useful feedback?
I'm currently using Sidis but I'm convinced i can do better... :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

owl

by owl

I use dmt radial. Light, stiff sole, simple design. They have speedplay specific. Better than sidis I have used
Owl

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

If the Lake's fit your feet better than the Sidi's then that is a plus, otherwise, you are just buying heavier shoes...

stevei

by stevei

I got some Lakes, but was surprised at how bulky they are, so need to return them. There's no way the saving from getting rid of the Speedplay adapter is worth making the shoe so much more bulky (compared to the S-Works I already had).

indigo

by indigo

owl wrote:I use dmt radial. Light, stiff sole, simple design. They have speedplay specific. Better than sidis I have used

+1 -- definitely check these out OP.

Boardman

by Boardman

stevei wrote:I got some Lakes, but was surprised at how bulky they are, so need to return them. There's no way the saving from getting rid of the Speedplay adapter is worth making the shoe so much more bulky (compared to the S-Works I already had).

+1

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I was taking a look at the CX236. I wear Sidi 44.5 and I used their size chart and came up with a max 43.5 and possibly even 43, does that sound right at all?

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Hey guys,
First, as a disclaimer, my company is the new US distributor for Lake shoes.
That also means I am a great guy to ask any questions!

Yes, Lake will fit about a 1/2 size longer than Sidi and just a bit wider too.
They are indeed a bit "bulkier" but also work much better for wider U.S. style feet than some euro brands.
That being said, the new 331 is a very light shoe by any standards AND stay tuned for an even lighter 2013 model.
As for 2012's, new 331's will be in US shops in early July, whereas the rest of the range will be out in the next 2-3 weeks.

We are even doing a custom run of CX 401's to celebrate the relaunch of Lake in the USA.
Expect only 50 shoes for all of the US - 25 all-black and 25 all-white.
PM me for details...I'm happy to reserve a few sets for the WW crowd!

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I bought some of the Lake CX236's on closeout last year.

They are definitely heavy and bulky. I'm not a fan of the BOA system - I find that when I stand to pedal, the lacing loosens at the top of my foot and tightens at the bottom, allowing my foot to slip.

The shoes do fit well other wise, and I will probably use them a lot this winter as they are much hotter on my feet than my specialized shoes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EricAniz

by EricAniz

is it true these shoes are ~750g / pair???

anybody weight them?