Zero G Crank specs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drjones96

by drjones96

Superlite wrote:More details at 10:00!

Why 10:00? And what time zone is that?

Tippster

by Tippster

Superlite wrote:dunt dunt, duh, da dunt!

morse code?
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PNuT

by PNuT

without an audience... superlite ent sht... ffs guys you have waited months... whats a few more days :lol:
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

Tippster

by Tippster

Are the new cranks compatable with a 2005 lawnmower?

PNuT

by PNuT

Tippster wrote:Are the new cranks compatable with a 2005 lawnmower?

:lol: you will get me banned again :lol:
21 for road 27 for mtb :D

Superlite

by Superlite

Guess you guys didn't get the "more at 10:00" and the "dunt dunt, duh, da dunt." Supposed to be news ala the 80's style. :)

Are the new cranks compatable with a 2005 lawnmower?

With a slight modification to the interface the cranks can be used to chain drive the starter.

My new Zero G sponsored lawn mower will be at InterMower 2006 this coming January. Expect a carbon tub for the main structure with an all magnesium engine block (cylinders lined with aluminum to reinforce) and head, along with Ti connecting rods and carbon intake manifold.

With the new bearing tech that the ZG cranks use I gain 2.1 watt efficiency from rolling resistance, giving my sqfph max (square feet per hour) an added 660 square feet. My threshold has risen to ~49,000 sqfph, so I should be in contention for the world title this year, as long as my mower doesn’t bend a blade like last year. Carbon core with Ti leading edges should prevent that.

:twisted:
Last edited by Superlite on Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobalou

by bobalou

Superlite wrote:Or Zero G could be using an electro magnetic field that is generated by charging the axle with negative ions over a permanent magnet in the BB shell, allowing the axle to float freely and rotate with no mechanical contact providing a frictionless enviroment for maximium power output and no surfaces to wear or lubricate.

So then, will there be any 'Race Day' replacement magnets for the shell?? :lol: :lol:

KingstonWheeler

by KingstonWheeler

bobalou wrote:
Superlite wrote:Or Zero G could be using an electro magnetic field that is generated by charging the axle with negative ions over a permanent magnet in the BB shell, allowing the axle to float freely and rotate with no mechanical contact providing a frictionless enviroment for maximium power output and no surfaces to wear or lubricate.

:

No wonder cyclingnews.com says "Exact numbers weren’t available, but expect them to be super light and mighty pricey"

However, the site also says "External bearings and large-section arms implied plenty of rigidity."

Tippster

by Tippster

Have any of the testers received a set of cranks yet?

divve

by divve

SL, it's been 10:00 already and the probe has been removed from your nose. Ted can't track you now so fess up about the bearings.

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Since SL did not reply to:
zakeen wrote:Do the bearings sit inside the cranks, the cones that screw into the BB shell go into the crank arms where the bearings are?

and Jibster's picture of that setup, you can bet on that being right.

Dual or needle bearings are unnecessary because you can make the ball bearings virtually as large as you like (as Zakeen also mentioned already). The large knurled knob on the left crank screws into the BB axle to fixate the left crank on the axle.

Nice idea!

Superlite

by Superlite

Since SL did not reply to:
zakeen wrote:
Do the bearings sit inside the cranks, the cones that screw into the BB shell go into the crank arms where the bearings are?

and Jibster's picture of that setup, you can bet on that being right.

Dual or needle bearings are unnecessary because you can make the ball bearings virtually as large as you like (as Zakeen also mentioned already). The large knurled knob on the left crank screws into the BB axle to fixate the left crank on the axle.

Nice idea!

Just to end the speculation that is not the design. I would open my big mouth on here, but Ted doesn't want me to say any real details on the cranks. Just be patient!@

divve

by divve

Wrap a wet towel around your head and post the details.

Superlite

by Superlite

Wrap a wet towel around your head and post the details.

:lol: You crack me up, guess you really like Total Recall too.

Nah, I really would, but Ted has his Mars agents looking after me. I HAVE TO FIND KUATO!!! :wink:

newbieweenie

by newbieweenie

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Matthew Broderick Ferris Beulers Day Off

Sorry, I know its off topic, but I had to throw in my movie quite. :) SL, ask Ted if you can at least announce WHEN we'll find out pricing and availability.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com