Carbon cages

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
jer

by jer

Thanks Samu, but Tune (and AX-lightness, Schmolke, and several other euro companies) are a little hard to source here in the states. Unless they have a US distributor who is willing to wholesale to other shops then it is too much trouble and too much money when I can get something almost as good for a lot less.

danielgillett, that cage looks a lot like the IRD that did not get very good reviews here. What has been your experience? What size bottles do you use and how rough are the roads that you ride on?
Attachments
16Gcage_250x274.jpg

Mathieu

by Mathieu

What do you think about the carbon cages from campagnolo, the record and chorus

by Weenie

danielgillett

by danielgillett

Jer,

I use Elite bottles (for Patao), however I am not to sure of the diameter (It's the bigger size).

The roads in New Zealand, in general are some of the worst I have ever ridden on. They are never tarmac, usually just "chip-seal".

I have contacted Gass-Project, asking them for the details of their carbon part's manufacturer, because I plan to import their product. I have seen many of their pieces sold by IRD, Frank-Bikes, and YD OPEN.

jer

by jer

Mathieu wrote:What do you think about the carbon cages from campagnolo, the record and chorus

The Record is probably the best in the biz strength to weight, but ridiculously expensive. The Chorus is still a lot more expensive than all the other reliable 30g cages out there.

Mathieu

by Mathieu

I also think they are too expensive!

The Record carbon is almost 90 Euro's :shock:

skid

by skid

Supergo has a carbon cage that's 15g claimed.

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?
LPROD_ID=24698&lsubcat_id=7657&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

for over a year now with 24 ounce bottle and really like them, I usually use polar bottles. They hold the bottles very securely, don't rattle and I've never lost a bottle.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.