BB for Rotor 3D?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

Upgrading my bike with a stiff, new crank set (Rotor 3D and will be using my Q-rings).... right now I have a FSA SLK crank on there with an FSA BB... but with such a nice crank, it would be a shame not to upgrade the BB at the same time. What would you recommend? Chris King? Rotor SABB? Rotor BB1? Some ceramic BB? I would of course like to have a BB that cheap (yeah right... like that's going to happen), super smooth and it wouldn't hurt it if it's light as well... :D
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

ty-ro

by ty-ro

I have Chris King and Rotor BB1 Ceramic. The King is like bike jewelry, but I give the nod to the Rotor for smoothness. You win either way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Hi all,

Slowly piecing my new build together and am looking at BB's. Running a Rotor 3D crank with BSA 68mm english frame, was going to run a Shimano BB but did some looking around and saw these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161031612058 ... 1423.l2649

Not sure if the claim of worlds lightest is correct, but the weight and price are certainly appealing. Has anyone had any experience with this or anything similar? Or any other options I should consider?

Cheers

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Fixie82

by Fixie82

That looks like a nice bit of kit. Only problem for me is I'm in Australia and the postage on that item would put it out my budget.

Have you used this one?

Martin.F

by Martin.F

No, I haven't used that particular one, but in general I've been really happy with Shimano bearings. Right now I'm on Enduro bearings and love them. A little bit heavier, but rock solid and reliable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com