HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 24
Hi all,

I have a Sram SRM which is going on my Wilier Cento SL frame. I currently have the Grey plastic decal round disc in the middle of the chain ring. They now offer a new red color decal which i kinda like. It's only a cosmetic detail, but since i'm sending in my power meter in for service I thought I might ask everyone what their thoughts were on the color choices.

Below is a stock photo of the wilier and then the Grey SRM and Red SRM.

My main concern is to have a consistent look for the Wilier.


Attachments:
file.jpg
file.jpg [ 144.33 KiB | Viewed 1726 times ]
srm_1_600.jpg
srm_1_600.jpg [ 46.04 KiB | Viewed 1726 times ]
3875278307_18f9efd5c5_o.jpg
3875278307_18f9efd5c5_o.jpg [ 36.14 KiB | Viewed 1726 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 259
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
vai777 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Sram SRM which is going on my Wilier Cento SL frame. I currently have the Grey plastic decal round disc in the middle of the chain ring. They now offer a new red color decal which i kinda like. It's only a cosmetic detail, but since i'm sending in my power meter in for service I thought I might ask everyone what their thoughts were on the color choices.

Below is a stock photo of the wilier and then the Grey SRM and Red SRM.

My main concern is to have a consistent look for the Wilier.


KEEP the decal you have - the red one SCREAMS "look at my SRM" - your current is much better in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:37 am
Posts: 41
I wasn't aware SRM's fit the CentoUno frame. At least that's what I've been told with mine...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Posts: 1076
Get the "new" SRAM decal- red, black and white- more attractive than the one that you have pictured.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 pm
Posts: 39
I would stick with the grey as well. Better to be subtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 pm
Posts: 35
Do the grey.

Even better...upgrade the rings to the Red Black ones. That will look fantastic on that frame! Since you're sending it in for service the time to change the rings would be before recal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 4322
Location: Athens, Greece
+1

_________________
My 6696gr Cipollini Bond
My 8618gr Colnago Master X-light
My 9745gr Pinarello Dyna


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:49 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
il professore wrote:
I wasn't aware SRM's fit the CentoUno frame. At least that's what I've been told with mine...


I emailed SRM twice to ask them about compatibility with the Cento Uno. They have never replied to me...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm
Posts: 32
I vote for gray.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 pm
Posts: 35
I just heard from Wilier email customer service (though in broken english) that no Quarq or SRM powermeters will fit the Cento1 frame. They said "because the inside of the cranks does not clear the conical shape of the bb".

Also, that the only powermeter that "may work" is the SRM on Dura Ace cranks.

Anyone have a PM installed on a Cento1??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am
Posts: 1
I am in the same position, looking for a power meter for a cento uno.

SRM web site has a pdf showing compatible bikes - this includes the Cento Uno with SRAM GXP Bottom bracket!!!!


Who is right?

Any Wilier owners out there with power fitted?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Posts: 249
Impeccable frame!

I'd go for the stealth option on the SRM. You could also remove the chainrings and make a custom decal with al small sheet of carbon fiber. 3k fiber isn't very expensive if you need that much.

_________________
Ride it like you stole it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 413
Location: USA
kresyzig wrote:
il professore wrote:
I wasn't aware SRM's fit the CentoUno frame. At least that's what I've been told with mine...


I emailed SRM twice to ask them about compatibility with the Cento Uno. They have never replied to me...

That's what I call German customer service, it doesn't exist!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 259
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Frankie13 wrote:
kresyzig wrote:
il professore wrote:
I wasn't aware SRM's fit the CentoUno frame. At least that's what I've been told with mine...


I emailed SRM twice to ask them about compatibility with the Cento Uno. They have never replied to me...

That's what I call German customer service, it doesn't exist!


Email SRM Colorado instead - their service is really great :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 am
Posts: 103
Location: SF Bay Area
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not an SRM with fit a Cento Uno? I've e-mailed SRM in Colorado, but haven't received a reply.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], clm2206, Google [Bot], tvillumsen and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. New R3 color

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

stripes

25

2490

Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 am

r3awak3n View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Can anyone help me choose frame.

in Road

VincentRodriguez

3

296

Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:20 am

wheelsONfire View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

[ Go to page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11 ]

in Road

CEVelo

161

12720

Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:31 pm

kov79 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Time for a new saddle. Please help me choose black or white

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

cwilli15

16

456

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:36 pm

mimason View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What to replace my Wilier Cento Uno?

in Road

Fourthbook

12

691

Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Fourthbook View the latest post


cron
It is currently Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB