B-T-P ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lancearmstrong

by lancearmstrong

A friend of mine ordered a seat clamp of BTP and it was really lightweight, I can't remember right now but appr. 8 grams only :shock: and gave a lot of money for that.
At first everything was cool but later turned out that the screw of it really fragile and you have to show much attention when you assembly it. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin1977

by Martin1977

OK, so I tried to send my order once again, but no answer at all. Maybe it could be problem of antispam filter from free e-mail adresses and I should have tried to send my order from my office with e-mail adress of german company, but in the end got contact to local guy, who will make me some custom parts.

BTW I also tried to contact UK company Poshbike, but also without reply. I'll try to contact them from office, because they have good prices on Clavicula cranks :-)

And I had good experiences with Carbonfreaks from Netherland. I've just bought 10 speed Campagnollo compatible 11-23 alloy cassete for 99 Euro and it came at 98g without lock ring, which is several gramms under claimed weight. NICE

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Anytime I've contacted poshbikes, my email was filtered into his junk mail. He'd find them months later.

serbelo

by serbelo

Brian from Cycling Technology ordered some BTP parts for me and 3months later still no deliveries.Bernhard confirmed the delivery twice

but still nothing.
Cervelo R2.5
Cervelo P2c
Cervelo R3
Parlee Z3
Parlee TT

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Use Mcfk.de instead - Martin is very helpful.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Mcfk is very responsive and quality is top notch, and delivery is fast

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

gumgardner wrote:Anytime I've contacted poshbikes, my email was filtered into his junk mail. He'd find them months later.

I get on well with the folks at Poshbikes and I do get told that they get so many emails that dealing with them all is a full time job in itself. I always telephone, that's the only efficient way to contact them imo

@Martin1977, don't bank on that Clavicula price being the right one. I don't think that price has changed on the website for years.

djconnel

by djconnel

djconnel wrote:Nico @ CyclingTechnology sells BTP. I got some brake hoods which I have yet to install... gotta do that soon. Brake hoods are a bit of a pain to deal with, though.

I installed them and they are quite comfortable. They certainly don't seem robust, but I don't ride the bike much so I'm not too worried.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

The fact that you got them on without tearing them is a feat in itself

mambocat

by mambocat

We placed an order with BTP back in January and we are still waiting for it to arrive. Bernhard has told us several times that he has shipped it. I wouldn't recommend ordering from BTP if you are in the US.

djconnel

by djconnel

Application of soapy water (with a wet sponge) to lubricate the move over the Red shifters helped, I think.

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

I'd use Mattias Hellore http://hellore.se/experimentalprototype/
He'll make things as light as BTP, the quality is great, he's a super nice guy and likely to be cheaper too.
He'll also make things from scratch if you have special requirements.
I've bought numerous things from him and have never been disappointed.
You can check his work on his website and some things in development too!
I'f he hasnt got what you want, just ask for it!
Lefty heaven

serbelo

by serbelo

mambocat wrote:We placed an order with BTP back in January and we are still waiting for it to arrive. Bernhard has told us several times that he has shipped it. I wouldn't recommend ordering from BTP if you are in the US.

@mambocat I think that was me who ordered from you.Anyway thanks for the effort.
Cervelo R2.5
Cervelo P2c
Cervelo R3
Parlee Z3
Parlee TT