CAT CRANKS vs STORCKS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TeschnerBoy

by TeschnerBoy

I was wondering if someone out there could steer me in the right direction of which cranks they think are a better option and why?

Where would be the best place to order them from and what will be the realistic timeframe for a set to reach me. This is pretty important as I live in Australia and know one hear has any idea about this stuff.

Cheers

Teschner Boy :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

At least 1 year for the CATS, storck you could get right now. Go with storck.

spytech

by spytech

why a one year waiting list??? is their something special that takes time to make??? do they make them in 175mm?

Superlite

by Superlite

No, just a long waiting list, and I think there fairly small, limited production capabilities.

Cyco

by Cyco

CATs do come in 175, but are made only in small batches. The Storks are only available (last I checked) in 172.5.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

TeschnerBoy

by TeschnerBoy

Do you suggest that I purchase the storcks directly from them and if so where would i go to chase up some suitable chainrings?

Thanks for your help with this

TeschnerBoy

JTC

by JTC

Bought mine from www.poshbikes.com out of the UK. Nice chaps. They will also be able to hook you up with some TA chainrings. If you don't want to deal with someone out of the UK try www.hi-techbikes.com out of the US (I am guessign you are in the US). Also gypzybikz has them as well.

spytech

by spytech

Hey does anyone have an exact stiffness on the Cats or Storck cranks :?:

Franzam

by Franzam

I have the Storcks ISIS with the FRM CU2 BB. I think it´s as stiff as my Dura Ace 2001 combi.
I read a test in the german tour. With the light tune BB the storck was one of the weakest. :?:

If you will wait for the Cats, Dane (from Cat) wrote me, that over 200 people are waiting for the cranks.It will take at least some months :(

TeschnerBoy

by TeschnerBoy

Hey Guys

Thanks for your help with the info. I guess I will be looking at a set of storcks then the Cats considering the large delay in getting a set.

Have you been happy with the FRM BB, what is the weight and will I be able to pick one up from Poshbikes aswell?

Cheers

TeschnerBoy :)

Cyco

by Cyco

There was an official Australian distributor for FRM till about 18 months ago - he dropped the line due to lead time issues :(

He may still be able to get one in through one of his Italian bike lines. I'll PM you if he can get hold of one.
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Franzam

by Franzam

At the moment I´m happy with the Frm BB, but I only have tested it for 50km( to much salt on our roads ).The bearings are easy to replace and the weight is 130g in 108mm:D
look here:
FRM -AUSTRALIA -Kilburn (S.A.) Tel. 83496144 Fax: 83497778
e-mail: info@frmaustralia.com