BMC sizing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

A friend of mine is considering getting a BMC (madcow, he'd be going through fairwheel, thats where he got his Colnago) and is aware that the sizing is Bizarre. If he rides a 59cm Colnago what size BMC would he ride. If it helps, he has kinda wierd body dimensions. He is 6'3 with a 34" inseam.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

A 57 would be the closest, but it (Team Machine) has a slightly longer 57.5 top tube versus the 56.9 of a Colnago.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

thats probably OK, hes got a really long torso.

SuperD

by SuperD

I'm roughly the same height and same inseam, and I have a 59 BMC SLT01 (black). I might've preferred a 57 with a longer stem, though.

If your friend is looking for a test ride, maybe we can get together at the shootout or something.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Per Colnago, their frames, if properly fit, will run smaller that other brands. Colnago wants riders optimally to be on set back posts and longer stems - out over the frame, if you will. BMC's may not have the same fitting concept.

divve

by divve

I see no evidence of that unless I get a frame that's 3 sizes too small and a 140-150mm stem. Seatpost set-back is standard on basically every racing bike. I only see the Thomson (often used in MTB) and weenie posts that are straight up.

willy

by willy

i ride colnagos, size 56, with a set back seatpost and 12 cm stem.
my bmc slt 01 is a size 53. also use setback post and 12 cm stem, very similar position, top tube on both is 55. buy bmc's based on top tube size, their sizing is rather unconventional, mainly because of that exoskeleton thing.

TS-Biker

by TS-Biker

I like to get my hands on the slc 01 but I need a toptube of minimum 59 with a stem of 140.
The seattube max 61 (c/t)
I don't find this in the geometry tabels so does anyone know if they produce frames on measurement ?
It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it !

el condor

by el condor

TS-Biker wrote:I like to get my hands on the slc 01 but I need a toptube of minimum 59 with a stem of 140.
The seattube max 61 (c/t)
I don't find this in the geometry tabels so does anyone know if they produce frames on measurement ?

Hi,me and my girlfriend are both riding the slt-01 from 2002 the first from phonak in blue-grey.We talked to them (BMC) before considering a frame for my partner since she measures 1.60m and wanted to have a frame which is not too much sloping and that fits 28" wheels.
It's a 47 and fits her perfectly.
So why not talking to them and explaining your situation?

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam and just bought the 57cm after months of research, having never seen one in person.

The 59 would be too large I think. BMC recommended a 61??!? :shock: :x

Heres my 57cm SLT01 w/ a 105mm Syntace stem.

http://www.carbonlord.com/Bike/BMComplete.jpg
carbonLORD.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vintage

by Vintage

Nice bike Carbon Lord,
I would like to buy one too. Can you give a desription of its handling, ie stifness comfort, road dampening etc. Cheers.
I ain't signin' nuthin' 'til I read the small print.