Fizik's new Kurve saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billysan

by billysan

Im liking the white ones:

Ive about 2k on my Kurve snake so far, and can happy call it the most comfortable saddle Ive had to date.

BUT, it is showing signs of wear. The two cut out areas for the sit bones, where there is only the single layer of carbon, are both sagging. You can see two indentations from the top. No real loss in comfort yet saying that. Im 165 lbs for reference.

nspace

by nspace

Wanted to love this saddle (and I love the Arione), but just couldn't get a long with it. It was too hard with both inserts, and left me with a sore bum every time (145 lbs / 65kg). I ran it for a good 1000km, before returning to the Arione. Did not like the plastic edges as much either, and would drive me nuts that if you ever leaned the bike on the edge of the saddle against a wall it was so slippy because of the plastic (minor gripe, I know). Bit of a pig weight-wise too, which I was OK with as long as it resulted in enhanced comfort, which it did not. Should also be noted how expensive it is. I would definitely recommend that anyone interested get a loaner/demo saddle before spending the money on this. I thought it was going to be an easy sell based on my experience with the Arione because they share the same shape, but I was mistaken.
Last edited by nspace on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billysan

by billysan

That's a good call to be fair. I've never had any love for the Arione, but even though the Snake is supposed to be similar, I love that!

My 2nd bike has an Antares Kium and I would say this felt more like the snake than an Arione.