Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Tue May 24, 2016 5:04 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Fulcrum
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:09 pm 

Well my carbon clinchers have finally seen better days and it's time to replace them after all I got them of flea bay 3 years ago for £120 so they have done me proud . I am thinking of getting some fulcrum alloy clinchers either racing 3 or zeros . My question is this how much better is the zero and is it worth the price over a 3 and what problems are there with any of the 2 . Cheers guys

Post subject: Re: Fulcrum
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:50 pm 

If you want to run 25mm+ tyres, also consider the Racing 5 LG.
I wish Fulcrun would do a LG version of the 3 and zero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:02 pm 

treetrees wrote:
Well my carbon clinchers have finally seen better days and it's time to replace them after all I got them of flea bay 3 years ago for £120 so they have done me proud . I am thinking of getting some fulcrum alloy clinchers either racing 3 or zeros . My question is this how much better is the zero and is it worth the price over a 3 and what problems are there with any of the 2 . Cheers guys

I'd highly recommend the Dura Ace WH-9000 C24 CLs instead. I had a pair of Fulcrum 3s and they were light (for the money), but harsh. Nothing special really. You can also read this comprehensive test featuring the fulcrum zeros and dura ace wheelsets: https://intheknowcycling.com/2014/09/02 ... escending/

Please note that later this year (early next year) Shimano will update its wheels with new hubs and probably slightly wider rims. But with the current UK pricing the WH-9000 C24 has amazing value!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:07 pm 

Campagnolo is coming out with wide alloy rims this year, maybe that will trickle down to Fulcrum as well, wide rims make a huge difference so maybe the wait is worth it

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:28 pm 

Check the Fulcrum Racing Quattros with wider (24+ mm outside), U-shaped rims. Awesome wheels at their pricepoint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm 

treetrees wrote:

Forums are written full with that discussion, Not hard to find I think. :wink:

Fullcrum 3/Campagnolo Zonda are the best value for the money overall wheels.

While you dont say where you want to use them for exactly, and things like your weight, recommendations can't be given.

Last edited by BRM on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm 

Ok my weight is 82kg and they will be used primarily for club runs but may be used at other times . Although I am not brilliant at ascending I am pretty good at descending so will need to be strong. Thanks guys for replying .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:44 am 

jimborello wrote:
Campagnolo is coming out with wide alloy rims this year, maybe that will trickle down to Fulcrum as well, wide rims make a huge difference so maybe the wait is worth it

I beg to differ. My "narrow" dura ace wheels are just as (if not more) comfortable as my wide h+son archetype wheels with white industries T11 hubs. BUT I use both pairs with 23s.

I do agree that Fulcrum 3s have an outstanding value.