Serotta Custom HSG or Cervelo R5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CharlesM

by CharlesM

In Short:

In the case that you put a priority on [INSERT ANY RIDE QUALITY HERE], the Serotta (and in fact many custom bikes) can be tuned that way.

The R5 has no answer when you can tweak geometry and tube stiffness with the Serotta.

Having owned some of the nicest possible stock bikes made, Only a couple get any place near the top end custom bikes... And my choices as to what are the perfect stock bikes are different than others might choose. Yet almost anyone can go to a high calibur custom builder and get what they want...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

konky

by konky

If you want a performance bike go Cervelo if you're planning on going into dentistry get a Serotta.

kgt

by kgt

Performance is not only about speed or stifness. IMHO spot on geometry, handling and ride quality is a more important 'performance' aspect.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Rumors, perhaps vicious, have it that Serotta is essentially bankrupt. That might be a factor in your decision, if you have not already made it.

bazmac

by bazmac

Cervelo s are great, I have had a few and currently have a R5 but there are lots of them everywhere? If I was purchasing now I would really look around.

Cheers baz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corky

by corky

bazmac wrote:Cervelo s are great, I have had a few and currently have a R5 but there are lots of them everywhere? If I was purchasing now I would really look around.

Cheers baz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

why dig this thread up?...... Serotta are kaput