Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobtom

by bobtom

A quick video of the rear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PGbhee ... e=youtu.be

Wheel image:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pushstart

by pushstart

eric wrote:I used Veloplugs in my 2012 50mm farsports rims. I can't fit Conti attack/force tires on them. Too tight.
I used a thin plastic strip on my 2014 u shaped 38mm farsports and those same tires went on easily.

The rims are different of course so that may be the difference.

I think it is the rims. I used red veloplugs on my u-shaped 50mmx24mm Farsports clinchers and all tires I tried (GP4000S, Gatorskins, Vittoria Open Corsa CX, Hutchinson Fusion RT) were super easy to mount -- and too loose to run tubeless, for example.

crankdxb

by crankdxb

weeni wrote:
crankdxb wrote:Photos received yesterday from Far Sports, 38x23 UD Matte clincher 2014 model laced in Bitex hubs.
Order was placed last 11th + lead time & now it's currently on the way to my shipping address.

Will give report for some update once arrived.

What's the weight of this wheelset? what's the weight if use Novatec hubs.

The same weight on their site's item description, 1305g not including skewers for Bitex hubs. For Novatec, its a little heavier but very small difference, you can check on their site to make sure. Been using it for a month now with more than 500k's done and it's still running smoothly and stays true without signs of wobbling.
The weather where I'm located is extremely hot from April until November and totally dry the whole season, road are well paved and smooth which plays an important factor in terms of the wheel's durability. Very happy with the purchased so far :up: ...

addictR1

by addictR1

bobtom: which hub did you get? i had their EDhub before but i recall it was much louder than that..

russianbear

by russianbear

The 38mm clincher seems to be the go to around here. Is everyone as happy with the tubulars from far sports as well? I'm looking at the 38s, can't decide if 23mm or 25mm wide would be better.

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

Is Douglas Breault here?
I got your email this morning about wheels enquiry, and replied you directly.
But the email was returned, I donot know why?
Could you please contact me again by another email account?

My skype is farsports12
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

mentok

by mentok

@kyle: do you guys do the 30mm wide, 30mm deep 29er mtb tubulars that yeoleo and a few others have?

rukomasa

by rukomasa

I bought 29er 30mm width wheels from farsports since i had quite good experience for my road bike. Unlike my road 50mm tub, 29er wheel arrived with very unbalanced spoke tensions. It was hard to believe because my road wheels are more than perfect like every spoke in a side is with in 10% range.

29er: all 3x build
Road: NDS:3x DS:2X

Sent from my SO-02E using Tapatalk 2

mentok

by mentok

were these tubulars, or clinchers?

rukomasa

by rukomasa

My 29er wheel from them is clincher.

Please note that shape of the wheels were fine and no immediate problem was expected. Maybe they forgot a step in building and could not catch in the quality process.

Sent from my SO-02E using Tapatalk 2

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

mentok wrote:@kyle: do you guys do the 30mm wide, 30mm deep 29er mtb tubulars that yeoleo and a few others have?

Mentok, we supply 30mm width and deep.
It clincher, more details you can let me know by email.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

nagge

by nagge

Ordered a pair of wheels yesterday and asked for a fast build, today I received the tracking number and a email telling me they have been sent. I chose DHL as courier so it will be interesting to see how fast they arrive.
So far I am more than pleased with the service as well as the quick support via email. I've been dealing with Sandy (sales3@farsports.cn).
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

addictR1

by addictR1

wow... that's DAMN fast!

i ordered 2 sets, paid on monday and was told it'll be shipped out sometimes next week. hopefully soon~~

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

mentok wrote:@kyle: do you guys do the 30mm wide, 30mm deep 29er mtb tubulars that yeoleo and a few others have?

it seems IPLAY provide 29" tubular rims, depth 30mm/30mm width, seems 380g/pcs. their email: peter@xmiplay.cn
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

crankdxb wrote:
weeni wrote:
crankdxb wrote:Photos received yesterday from Far Sports, 38x23 UD Matte clincher 2014 model laced in Bitex hubs.
Order was placed last 11th + lead time & now it's currently on the way to my shipping address.

Will give report for some update once arrived.

What's the weight of this wheelset? what's the weight if use Novatec hubs.

The same weight on their site's item description, 1305g not including skewers for Bitex hubs. For Novatec, its a little heavier but very small difference, you can check on their site to make sure. Been using it for a month now with more than 500k's done and it's still running smoothly and stays true without signs of wobbling.
The weather where I'm located is extremely hot from April until November and totally dry the whole season, road are well paved and smooth which plays an important factor in terms of the wheel's durability. Very happy with the purchased so far :up: ...

1305g? i see it is 1355+-35g in website, i think this is right for clincher wheels.
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com