HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 68  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 pm 

one pair is $2.50 USD http://wheelsfar.com/brake-blocks-p-269 ... o02ndaql66

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 pm 

WheelTester wrote:
Gents, has ANYONE been able to mount a tubeless tyre on the 23 x 38mm FarSports rim??? After many attempts, it appears this might not be a possibility! I have tried to mount two Specialized S-Works Turbo 24mm tubeless tyres and there in no way they are going to fit. WTF?!?!?!? I might try a set of Hutchinson Atoms next but I honestly think a tubeless tyre that can not be stretched will not mount of this rim.

Please let me know if anyone has had success mounting a tubeless tyre on this rim and if so what is the tyre that fits?

Has anyone put a tubeless tyre on their 2014 23 x 38mm FarSports rim???? Specialized S-Works Turbo 24mm tubeless tyre will not fit :noidea: :cry: :evil:

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm 

WheelTester wrote:

Thanks. Are you guys satisfied with the blue ones? I run black prince now but I simple don't want to spend £30 for A pair.
Btw i got some black ones for carbon rims with the wheelset I just bought last month from them. Not the blue ones :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 pm 

WheelTester wrote:

Just tried to order a few of those sets but they say they are sold out. So I emailed them to see how many or when they will be getting more. One word of advice to anyone that orders these wheelsets. Order a Ton of those brake pads. These Wheels EAT THEM UP quick.

And the Reynold blue brakepads are super expensive compared to them. Just order a few dozen sets because there is no shipping charge when they come with your wheelset. Hell. If you order a few sets with your wheelset, Ill buy a few pairs from you or even PayPal you money ahead of time to add a few to your order. :beerchug:

Socks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:30 pm 

The Reynolds blue pads perform the same as the Farsports ones. The SwissStop Black pads are maybe a tiny bit better than the blue pads in total braking strength but don't have quite as much initial bite.

Williams wheels has $15 blue pads which they say are their own formulation but I would not be surprised to find that they perform the same as the Reynolds and Farsports.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:34 pm 

+1 for the FS pads, I tried Black Prince and went back to the FS.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black

2013 Cannondale EVO Hi mod DA 9000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm 

Anyone know the difference between the blue pads and the new ones they call ceramic? They are black and cost $10 for 4 pieces. So 100% more than the blue ones.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:43 pm 

Got home from my first race of the season to find a box containing my 24mm deep, low profile, 23mm wide carbon clinchers from Farsports this morning! Woohoo new wheel day. Initial inspection looks good. FS included a set of black brake pads this time, not the blue ones. I'm interested to see how they compare to the Black Prince pads I use now. Just threw the set on the scales and they come in at 1,362g for the set which is pretty much as advertised. They're beefy for 24mm deep rims but I am going to use these as my everyday wheels, and save my tubs for racing and fast training.

Will post pics shortly!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:56 pm 

I am actually contemplating buying either those 24mm full carbon clinchers or the 24mm alloy-carbon clinchers.
Reviews are unfortunately nowhere to be found.

Does anyone have any experience with either two of these wheelsets?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:51 pm 

WheelTester wrote:
WheelTester wrote:
Gents, has ANYONE been able to mount a tubeless tyre on the 23 x 38mm FarSports rim??? After many attempts, it appears this might not be a possibility! I have tried to mount two Specialized S-Works Turbo 24mm tubeless tyres and there in no way they are going to fit. WTF?!?!?!? I might try a set of Hutchinson Atoms next but I honestly think a tubeless tyre that can not be stretched will not mount of this rim.

Please let me know if anyone has had success mounting a tubeless tyre on this rim and if so what is the tyre that fits?

Has anyone put a tubeless tyre on their 2014 23 x 38mm FarSports rim???? Specialized S-Works Turbo 24mm tubeless tyre will not fit :noidea: :cry: :evil:

tubeless anyone??????????????????????

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:21 pm 
Administrator

After owning my wheels for a while the weather finally cooperated well enough to actual do a test ride.

My build:
38mm carbon clinchers UD finish v shaped and 23mm wide 20 front and 24 rear Sapim CX Ray spokes radial front and radial non drive side and 2 across on the drive side. Spoke washers on all the radial spokes ED ceramic bearing hubs. 1260 grams for the pair. A quick check with my tensiometer properly tensioned wheel set and true.

I'm running a 11-21 Shimano Dura Ace 10 speed cassette, Continental 4000S and Michelin latex tubes with Stans yellow tape as my rim tape.

The test ride was a 90K team ride. The wheels are extremely responsive. Spun up quickly and held speed. Hard cornering was very confidence inspiring. Our roads are in very bad shape right now and the wheel tracked great in the rough sections and came back just as true as when I left my house. Due to iced over roads in places we were forced to get very creative in selecting our routes coming across sections of roads that we had to reroute. With a pretty good wind out there we road major sections in the cross wind and I noticed absolutely no issues with side winds at all. This surprised me quite a bit since while not anything scary my previous 38mm rims would require some paying attention in the cross wind.

I will update this once I get to the 1000 kilometer mark.

Did I mention they look damn good and the skewers that came with them are great looking too, and with a gram or 2 of the KCNC skewer.

-First one over the cliff wins!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:40 pm 

Juan, thanks for the report. Which model rims are these? How is the braking? Any pulsing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:29 am 
Administrator

Eric, they are the v shaped 23mm. No pulsing at all. I'm using Reynolds blue pads and the stopping is on par with braking on alloy rims. Did have some melt off of snow we rode thru so I won't say it was testing in the wet but even then no noticeable change in braking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:30 am 
Administrator

Eric, they are the v shaped 23mm. No pulsing at all. I'm using Reynolds blue pads and the stopping is on par with braking on alloy rims. Did have some melt off of snow we rode thru so I won't say it was testing in the wet but even then no noticeable change in braking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 pm 

I've ordered an set of 50mm 23mm wide 2014 models at http://www.farsports.cn/ so far good contact and fast replies to my mails. They say they will post my set somewhere within 7 till 10 days, that was 5 days ago and from that point it will take another 7 till 10 days to get them to the Netherlands. No worries here besides the fact that the site is constantly offline? anyone here know something about this?

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 pm 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 68  Next