Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

antifocus

by antifocus

roadytracky, I think Kyle is saying the ED hub is better in durability and cheaper, quite the contrary.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

roadytracky wrote:I am trying to decide which hubs to order, but I don't understand what you wrote. Are you saying Hubsmith are less expensive and function better than the ED ceramic bearing hubs? Thank you.

i have sent you pm message.
:beerchug:
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

poppiholla wrote:yes I bought the FSC50-CM super light series. :beerchug: Great wheels. I had some small problem with the rear hub in the beginning.

as i remembered one of my buyer also give me feedback of too much grease. i will let our colleague know.
FarSports carbon wheels
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

antifocus wrote:roadytracky, I think Kyle is saying the ED hub is better in durability and cheaper, quite the contrary.

yeap, Ceramic ED hub are our own design processed by Bitex company, so have advantages in price. with six pawls paterned design, 3 each pawls interchangeable. durable, safer, taking USA Enduro bearings, 4pcs both front&rear, working smoothly.

this version is without logo, preferred by guys, becuse they can put their ideal decal on them.
FarSports carbon wheels

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I forgot to mention. I have a real struggle to get the tyres on the FSC50-CM wheels. I have this struggle with Veloflex clinchers as well as the Conti GP4000s. Do you expierence the same? Fulcrum wheels I change tyres within 2 few minutes.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

kode54

by kode54

kylefoo wrote:
kode54 wrote:i bought a set from Far Sports. communication was great prior to the sale. execution got lost in the translation as i got 2 different sets .

hello, i am sorry to hear that. if the situation like that you can contact our sales manager Mae directly, who can answer you.
we appreciate the responses from our clients, passing advice& ideas to the building technicist and get wheels improved.
Hubsmith series are few offered now in our company nowadays, which are widely insteaded by our ED ceramic bearing hubs, work well more in function and show more competitive in price.

what is Mae's direct email?

i'm not prepared to ship back the entire set of wheels...unless the hubs are completely swapped out for the ED hubs. otherwise, it doesn't pay for me to just find bearing replacements.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

poppiholla wrote:yes I bought the FSC50-CM super light series. :beerchug: Great wheels. I had some small problem with the rear hub in the beginning, but after some grease came out, it turned out fine. I think that there was a little bit too much grease in the rear hub.
I also had a small problem with valve rattling in the wheel but I could solve that by using a plastic sleeve over the valve.
So far these small problems. I ride them without any problems at the moment and I am happy with them.

i don't think my issues are grease related. when turning by hand (off the bike), you can feel a gravel-like sensation...which leads me to believe that one of the bearings cracked and is floating in there.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

poppiholla wrote:I forgot to mention. I have a real struggle to get the tyres on the FSC50-CM wheels. I have this struggle with Veloflex clinchers as well as the Conti GP4000s. Do you expierence the same? Fulcrum wheels I change tyres within 2 few minutes.

if you use rim tape...i can see why. i use the red veloplugs and allows me to get the most stretch for the tire to get on.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I use green velox rim tape. Good cotton rimtape, but I will check red veloplugs.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

ph

by ph

Hi kylefoo

Its great that you are available on this forum to answer questions.

What size bearings do the Hubsmith front and rear hubs take? Does the Hubsmith front take 2 or four bearings? (http://www.farsports.cn/ViewProduct.aspx?id=692)
On this page (http://www.wheelsfar.com/38mm-clincher-wheels1250g-30g-p-220), it seems like Hubsmith are the ED hubs for which there is also a ceramic option - is that correct?
At 250g, this seems quite light for a hubset.
Thanks

ph

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

[/quote]
what is Mae's direct email? quote]

it is info@farsports.cn
FarSports carbon wheels

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

ph wrote:it seems like Hubsmith are the ED hubs for which there is also a ceramic option - is that correct? At 250g, this seems quite light for a hubset.

Hi, the Hubsmith, yeah, 2pcs bearings front, 4pcs rear. it also have ceramic bearings version, but now we seldom supply. because most our clients prefer ED hub(ceramic bearing, with 4pcs bearing both front and rear), Enduro USA bearing, only 257g/set.
FarSports carbon wheels

importbible

by importbible

I have the FSC50-CM great wheels so far, the brake track looks a little funky right now but performs the same since day 1. had it for about 700 kms

Roger9

by Roger9

kylefoo wrote:
because most our clients prefer ED hub(ceramic bearing, with 4pcs bearing both front and rear), Enduro USA bearing, only 257g/set.

I just got the FSC50-CM yesterday from Farsport. Before riding I pulled off the free hub and front axle caps to check grease etc. I have the EDhub and am pretty sure it only has 2 bearings on front hub. I could only remove one end cap and could not work out how to get the other cap/shaft off to inspect 2nd bearing.

I can't see much need for 4 bearings on a front hub but stand corrected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ph

by ph

About people going for 4x front hub bearings:

From what I have seen, front hubs that use 4x bearings, have used 688 bearings (ie American Classic Micro 58, Bitex RAF10, BHS SuperLight Wide Front). I haven't had the best durability with these small bearings (inner diameter 8mm). I believe someone even referred to these as RC car bearings. I think there is good reason why a really highly rated hub like the Alchemy uses 2x 6900 bearings in the front hub. The inner diameter or axle diameter of 10mm probably contributes to the stiffness and the larger bearing has a higher static load. There seem to be small but growing number of non-brand name hubs using 6900 front bearings. For me, I would take a 15g penalty for a front hub with better bearings and less headache over time. I have a Bitex RAF13 that uses a 699 bearing (9mm inner diameter). This was the best I could find a few years ago (in that price range). I haven't had problems with this Bitex hub but then again this is a light weight 20mm carbon tubular wheel I have mainly ridden in the summer.

I was hoping kylefoo could chime in with the bearings used in the ED hub and the Hubsmith front bearings.