Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

This is want happened to mine after about 100mi, not the end of the world since the rim can be replaced for around $150 but still a lot of work rebuild the rear wheel. For people ordering these cheap Chinese OEM, hope for the best but expect the worst, I would order extra rims while you are at it to save on the shipping cost. The front wheel did last over 6000mi and still going strong, the braking surface is starting to show some wear but I expect another 6000mi out of them.
Attachments
P4193354.jpg

biwa

by biwa

Does anyone know anything about their 'Alps' series (which are supposed to for OEMs only)? Do they ever sell direct to consumer these rims? And if not, which OEMs end up getting/using these rims?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pinguin

by Pinguin

biwa wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am
Does anyone know anything about their 'Alps' series (which are supposed to for OEMs only)? Do they ever sell direct to consumer these rims? And if not, which OEMs end up getting/using these rims?
Get in contact with Kyle(mayby its chinese new year?)
You could buy the alps if you ask him
I have a pair new tubulars but at this moment theres no chance for test(snow and salt)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

ChiZ01 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 am
This is want happened to mine after about 100mi, not the end of the world since the rim can be replaced for around $150 but still a lot of work rebuild the rear wheel. For people ordering these cheap Chinese OEM, hope for the best but expect the worst, I would order extra rims while you are at it to save on the shipping cost. The front wheel did last over 6000mi and still going strong, the braking surface is starting to show some wear but I expect another 6000mi out of them.
Where did you get wheels/rims from?
The highest satisfaction rate among riders on this forum is www.lightbicycle.com/carbon-road-bike/c ... heels/Road
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Farsport is very famous in China now, nearly the best Chinese wheelset.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

rexyi1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
Famous has nothing to do with integrity in production. The reason they are so popular because they have been around longer than its competition.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

ubers

by ubers

I've bought two sets of carbon clinchers from Farsport and have had a great experience both time.

The first one, bought in 2013, is still going strong with an estimated 20,000ks on them. Their prices are competitive, and its great that you get a high-end wheel set direct from a manufacturer built to you custom specs.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

mpulsiv wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 am
rexyi1990 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am
Famous has nothing to do with integrity in production. The reason they are so popular because they have been around longer than its competition.
Hah,,,correct, but the Farsport is indeed has good reputation in China.. :D