Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scotty

by scotty

thprice wrote:
scotty wrote:... experience with Powerway hubs?...

Suggest ask Brandon at http://www.bikehubstore.com/, he sells them.
He also has straight pull spokes to suit the hubs.

No luck with Brandon... I'm a little nervous about taking a flyer on these without a bit of info...

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Just letting the group know that I am pleased to announce that the Bike Hub store UL190 fits the EDhub from Farsports. If you need a 11 speed upgrade it all works great and if you have the Ceramic Edhub the bearings pop out and you can move them to the new hubs.

I am really disappointed that FS did not respond to any of my emails after the sale, regarding the need to purchase an 11 speed hub, thanks to BHS.

My 38mm front wheel still shudders upon braking, Originally I thought it was due to that brake in period, no response on that as well.

Still happy with the value, however these things should be more true than they are.

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin1977

by Martin1977

So I got my new CX disc wheels today. They look great and I'm looking forward to try them.Wheels were custom bulit for me (Shimano 135 OLD, 50mm rims) and it took about month to build them. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with wheels. I'll see how durable Novatec hubs are compared to my old Shimano or Campagnolo hubs.
Weight is 1396g for set .

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Got my 24mm tubulars on Bitex hubs, 20/24H configuration today. If the scales were accurate, dead 1000g for the set. Left them at LBS just to recheck everything for additional round of QC, sorry :D One thing which I should have guessed, but it wasn't on the website: in the warranty papers, the wheels have a rider weight limit of 85kg while on the website I didn't find such a limitation stated anywhere.

Anyway, won't have a chance to ride them for at least 4 months anyway, as it is full scale autumn Atlantic cyclones out there, so I have quite a time to drop a few kg's from my current 76 to be more on the safe side.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

I thought I'd update my experience with my second set (FSC50-CM, my first set was the FSC38-CM).
The 50s can be seen here: http://www.farsports.cn/product/detail.php/id-141.html
I finally got a few rides in (probably about 300 miles on them now), and a couple of my rides took me over some really crap roads with lots of broken tarmac and potholes. At the start of the first ride, the brake squeal was so bad, it was deafening. By the end of the ride it was not nearly as bad. Now it is non-existent, and the braking is strong and consistent. The wheels are true, and they really ride nice. I haven't been in any severe cross winds yet, but so far, the handling has been great even at 50mm. They feel extremely fast and light (and weighed in at 1340g), I think these will be my "go to" wheels when high winds are not predicted. I know other people have had problems with FarSports wheels, and I can't question their experience, so these wheels do seem like a gamble, but I love mine, and my experience has been very positive (been dealing directly with Kyle).

7ven

by 7ven

Here are my FSL50-CM-23 's built up with Sapim CX-Rays onto Hope RS Mono's. Somewhere near 1460g.
Photo's taken by my wheel builder. Matt 3K finish.

gitsome

by gitsome

Great pics! Thanks! Sexy looking rims
My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

7ven

by 7ven

gitsome wrote:Great pics! Thanks! Sexy looking rims

No worries!
This thread was a massive help when ordering. Ended up emailing Kyle Fu directly from the email addresses in this thread. Rims were in the UK 4 days later.
Glad that they're 'samples' so I avoided the dreaded import tax etc.
Can't really say that weighing bike parts is my thing but really love this site. So much knowledge and cool parts and ideas for my Colnago Competition Art Decor build.
Cherrs
Pete

7ven

by 7ven

50mm x 23 finally shod with Vittoria Open Corsa CX (23) tyres.

Nismo4x4

by Nismo4x4

I've had my 50mmx24mm CC's for about 8 months now with no problems until now. I broke a spoke on the NDS yesterday during a normal training ride and was wondering if anyone knows the length used in order to replace it? They are the Sapim CX-Ray spokes if that helps. Thanks!

eric

by eric

The ERD is listed on the web site page for the rims.

Use spokecalc along with the hub dimensions to caculate the length. Or you can measure the broken spoke.

When you replace it, check the tension over all. NDS spokes break because they are undertensioned and flex. (usually at the elbow). If the DS tension is too low the NDS will be as well. 130kgf is ok for these rims.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

When I received mine, I took them to a local wheel builder just to check the tension. All of the spokes were under tensioned, they brought them up to my needs. By they way they were impressed by the wheelset, especially for the $.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

upside

by upside

I ordered a set from Kyle, who is super helpful. I got the 25mm wide with the hi-temp brake surface. I had them build a 38 for the front and a 50 for the rear. This time around, I had them built around the YuHub with straight pull CXrays. Tension was spot on and the hubs come apart just like the Dt Swiss 240's. I had to take the cassette body off and use some light DtSwiss freehub grease. The hubs so far spin quite nice, but there is quite a bit of snow here in New Hampshire so I won't be able to give them a real go for awhile.
The finish is quite nice for the money and they sent me what appears like the Black Prince brake pads.
I am a happy customer! :up: :up: :thumbup:

bura

by bura

Oreoboreo has a point there.
For my second set I will also re measure the spoke tensions before my first ride.
As Eric says 130kgf should be ok and Farsports should recheck spoke tensions or their tools once more.
Beside that they have a flawless service and excellent products.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

@upside, what was the weight of your build? I was contemplating on a similar build from farsports too but with the ed-hubs with the 2:1 rear hub.