Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dkvbiker

by dkvbiker

(You mean Farsport FSC38-CM)
got any pics yet?

addictR1

by addictR1

here you go. pardon my messy garage.. it's still on my "honey do" list of things to take care of...

front wheel: 553g
rear wheel: 711g
total: 1264g (which is about right.) woohoo~~

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10151592/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Strange coincidence. I'm building up a 2011 R1 too, and ordered a set of FSC38-CM, Ed hub, ceramic bearing, Shimano 11sp, back on 05/08 (I got the UD finish though). Kyle was great for email communications, and I just received pictures of them on the 14th. I expect then in not too long.
Here are the pics of what I don't have yet...

addictR1

by addictR1

@rowdysluggins: that's a nice finish. i wanted matte to match the whole ride. looking good man!

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Even more interesting... I have a 2011 also and in the process of emailing with Kyle also. Addictr1 have you ridden the new set yet on your Scott? What were you rolling before the carbon wheelset?

Thanks

Scott
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

roadytracky

by roadytracky

Warranty Update - Received my replacement rear ceramic bearing EdHub. Bearings spin SMOOTH, unlike either of my other 2 rear ceramic bearing EdHubs. This EdHub seems like a high-quality part, whereas my other 2 EdHubs seem very cheap/low-quality. My 1st 2 rear EdHubs must've been from a bad batch. I hope my other EdHub doesn't fall apart like the 1st one - the bearings don't spin very smoothly And the freehub is LOUD, although they're better than the hub that just got replaced. Anyway, I'm glad FarSports replaced it, and based on this latest EdHub, I would recommend them.

Mertdemirel

by Mertdemirel

Among all of the Chinese sellers on alibaba/aliexpress, do Far Sports build the highest quality carbon rims ?
The wheels cost $600+ , and no customer service, so I'm looking to buy a pair only if they are a grade above the rest.

deermatt

by deermatt

Has anyone ordered these 24mm clinchers at 1200g yet ? http://wheelsfar.com/24mm-clincher-whee ... p-265.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or the 940g 20mm tubular set ? http://wheelsfar.com/20mm-tubular-wheel ... p-232.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

addictR1

by addictR1

@oreoboreo: omg.. it's good to see a lot of '11 addict R1 owners now popping up. i had my frame since last year and finally converted my old 6500 ultegra groupset over to SRAM RED along with other things. i was rolling on a pair of velocity aeroheads from back in the day. the gears i had on last year on my addict was at least 7 or 8 yrs old. haha.. so to me this is night and day.

the hub i got is the EdHub (non-ceramic). i love love love the wheelset... most of all.. climbing feels so much easier now.. or maybe it's a mental thing.. haha

roadytracky

by roadytracky

Mertdemirel - Yeah, Farsports wheels are a cut above the other Chinese wheels. I've bought 2 road wheelsets and 1 track wheelset from Farsports and I've been very happy with them. I've been riding them for about 3 months and they're fast. They're also lighter than most of the ne brands. I have yet to go climbing on them so I still don't
know how they'll hold up on descents, but others on this forum seem to have good experiences descending with them so I'm hopeful. As far as customer service goes, Farsports is actually pretty good. Look through this thread - there's a lot of positive reviews in here.

addictR1

by addictR1

i haven't use them on a real climb yet. so i'm a bit worried since this is the first CF wheelset. with my aeroheads, i can pump the brakes all i want and not worry about overheat... but i'm a kitty cat when it comes to seeing my cateye go past 35mph...

will try it out tomorrow during lunch for some steady uphill climb.. at least with that route, the descent is manageable for me.

thprice

by thprice

addictR1 wrote:i haven't use them on a real climb yet. so i'm a bit worried since this is the first CF wheelset. with my aeroheads, i can pump the brakes all i want and not worry about overheat... but i'm a kitty cat when it comes to seeing my cateye go past 35mph...

Love my Farsports FSL24-TM rims on Tune Mig70/Mag170 hubs at 80+ kmph
HTFU :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFpNsZXWgc

trychle

by trychle

I ordered some 38mm clinchers on Velobuild two weeks ago. As the Velobuild mall closed down, I had no confirmation of my purchase. After some quick and clear email contact with Mae from farsports my order has been sent out yesterday. Thumbs up!

Mertdemirel

by Mertdemirel

thank you roadytracky, I've looked through the thread and indeed a lot of positive reviews here.
I will pull the trigger on a 38T next week. Will come back with the pics when they arrive !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Addictr1, with 2011 being the last year for the great frame I bet there are not many of them out there. Great to see a chunk of them here. Looking forward to the CC's on this stiff climbing frame.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100