Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ITTY

by ITTY

Just had my first weekend of racing on a set of 25mm wide 50mm deep tubulars with ED hubs (16:8 rear lacing). They weighed in at about 1300 grams, which is slightly over claimed weight, but still pretty good for wide profile rims this deep IMO. I wasn't very impressed with the trueness out of the box, but I was able to make them nice and straight with a spoke wrench. Quality is very nice, and they were laced up with washers on the hubs to keep the spoke elbows against the hub flanges.

They feel great on the bike. They are noticeably easier to handle in crosswinds than my old 46mm "V" section Reynolds wheels they replaced, and supposedly much more aero (and just as light). Braking also felt a bit better than the old wheels, using the same Reynolds blue pads.
Moloko Plus 6.24 kg

"We haven't located us yet"

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

Besides, ED hub, Novatec hub and Bitex hub, we have more hub options in 2015 like Extralight hub, EDCO, DT350S(20/24H), DT240S, DT180S.
Range from mid end to high end, so that enable to meet different preferences.
Any question feel free to let me know, kyle.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

7ven

by 7ven

Farsport's 30mm x 23mm clincher rim offering in matt 3k with CX rays an Hope RS Mono's built locally.

eric

by eric

My recent set of 50mm deep/23mm wide rims came around 30g each over the claimed weight, and without the braking surface that's different from the rest of the rim as with the "basalt" and "high temp" braking surfaces.

FarSport first told me this is the new rim! but when I complained, offered to take them back, which I appreciated. I looked around and could not find anything I liked better, so banking on FarSports's reputation I kept them and built them up.

I wish I had sent them back. The braking is horrible. The old blue FarSports pads are grabby and squeal terribly even under light braking. The new FSE "ceramic" black pads are grabby and squeal incredibly loudly when braking hard. The old "high temp" surface was so much better- smooth, progressive and quiet with either the blue or "ceramic" pads. I do not understand why they dropped it and added weight to the rims. It looks as if they added an extra UD layer over the rim and braking surface, ruining the braking surface. Did no one ride on these before they decided to sell them?

I have a couple more pads to try (SwissStop black prince and Bontrager cork). I hope one of them works.

Marin

by Marin

I have a set of new 24/23 rims with the UD brake track and I also asked Kyle if they are high-temp, which he confirmed.

However, for me braking is exactly the same as on my 1 year old 50/23 set with the 1k brake track.

eric

by eric

Did yours also come in heavier than stated?

I tried SwissStop Black Prince carbon pads and they are better than the other two pads I tried, but still squeal some, mostly when coming to a stop. I'll try toeing in the pads next.

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

As riding season is coming, for more convenient shopping.
We recommend you place order directly via our on line Store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325

It is about 15days lead time only.
10-15days shorter than order via email.

Besides, it is 59US$--95US$/set saved, as 10% off given for 23mm wide series both tubular&clincher.
Most are built with ED hub/DT240S hub + Sapim cx-ray spokes.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

Enkei

by Enkei

Hey,

I ordered a wheelset of 24 EdHub Tubulars FSC24-TM like 2 years ago and never got around to using them. This week i finally got all pieces together for a build and realised that the EdHub body was 10 speed and not 11 speed wich I ordered (I checked the receipt).

I'm still waiting for an answer from Farsports about what they can do with such an old order, I'm fleixble and willing to pay to get it solved. But in the meantime I'm looking for other solutions.

Does anyone know if theese: http://www.racotec.de/RAR-12-Freehub-bodies would be compatible with the EdHub. They look exactly the same and from what i can tell, from forums/google, Bitex produces thee EdHubs? Any help very appreciated.

Cheers!

roadytracky

by roadytracky

I read earlier in this thread that bikehubstore.com sells the 11 speed freehub for the EdHub/Bitex hub. They sell it as their own brand, and not as Bitex. It's called a super light or ultra light... Can't remember exactly. Just look for the model that uses the same small bearings (688's & I forget the other) the EdHub uses. If you search even further back through this thread someone also says the EdHub is just a Bitex, and he lists the model #. I will eventually have to do the same thing you're doing.

wrcompositi

by wrcompositi

Enkei wrote:Hey,

Does anyone know if theese: http://www.racotec.de/RAR-12-Freehub-bodies would be compatible with the EdHub. They look exactly the same and from what i can tell, from forums/google, Bitex produces thee EdHubs? Any help very appreciated.

Cheers!

Edhub = Bitex RAR9, which uses smaller bearings(6802 x2 in cassette body) than RAR12(6802 + 6902 in cassette body).

So you should look for an 11-speed cassette body for Bitex RAR9.

Enkei

by Enkei

Thanks for the help guys, Far Sports helped me out in the end. All good now!

stevod

by stevod

Has anybody had any luck contacting Far Sports with issues with their wheels?

I've been riding mine happily for a while but I think there's a problem with one of the rims so I've stopped riding them. I've emailed them for assistance including pictures and so on, but no reply. Sent again a week later, no reply. I sent to Sandy, Mae and Windy, who were the three contacts that assisted me during the buying process.

If anyone knows of another contact I should use please let me know. I would like to sort this out with them directly.

Cheers...

stevod

by stevod

I've now managed to get in touch - seems there was a spam filter that was getting in the way of communication between two of our addresses, so some mail was never getting delivered. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve now.

Sachelis

by Sachelis

I've now managed to get in touch - seems there was a spam filter that was getting in the way of communication between two of our addresses, so some mail was never getting delivered. Hopefully we'll be able to resolve now.

I've been experiencing the same problem. They haven't replied to email sent through their form or sent directly to info@farsports.cn and sales3@farsports.cn. The email is being rejected with a "550 Ip frequency limited" error. (And I've tried sending email from two email addresses and from two different IP's.)

I'm trying to place my first order with them and I must admit that their failure to respond to email (or to be aware that they aren't receiving email) is is more than a little concerning.

Time will tell, eh?

huddini

by huddini

stevod wrote:Has anybody had any luck contacting Far Sports with issues with their wheels?

I've been riding mine happily for a while but I think there's a problem with one of the rims so I've stopped riding them. I've emailed them for assistance including pictures and so on, but no reply. Sent again a week later, no reply. I sent to Sandy, Mae and Windy, who were the three contacts that assisted me during the buying process.

If anyone knows of another contact I should use please let me know. I would like to sort this out with them directly.

Cheers...

When you write about buying, they answer with in 24 hours. Wrote em about problems twice, but never had a reply on that. Even using the same email address.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com