Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

roadytracky

by roadytracky

doomith wrote:From what I've read regarding other warranty claims, most likely they will send you a new hub, you'll need to get it rebuilt by your own LBS.

doomith - Thanks for the warning. That would suck because 1. the wheel arrived with a bad hub (why should I pay to have it fixed? Shouldn't they?), and 2. I've already broken 2 spokes on that wheel (in less than 300 miles...anybody else going through rear CX-Rays that fast?). As my rich friends on Zipps all reminded me this morning, I get what I pay for. Although, the front wheels have been fine and the set of Farsports track wheels with the Novatec track hubs have been great, too.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

roadytracky wrote:
doomith wrote:From what I've read regarding other warranty claims, most likely they will send you a new hub, you'll need to get it rebuilt by your own LBS.

doomith - Thanks for the warning. That would suck because 1. the wheel arrived with a bad hub (why should I pay to have it fixed? Shouldn't they?), and 2. I've already broken 2 spokes on that wheel (in less than 300 miles...anybody else going through rear CX-Rays that fast?). As my rich friends on Zipps all reminded me this morning, I get what I pay for. Although, the front wheels have been fine and the set of Farsports track wheels with the Novatec track hubs have been great, too.

This is the risk w/ buying direct from China. You lose the customer service you'd (expect) to get from an enve, reynolds, boyd, etc in exchange for a much lower price.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bambinorider

by Bambinorider

My 50mm clincher, wide rim, improved brake track, sapim cx ray and ceramic hub came in at 1444g. way more than the 1340g claimed.

tranquilo

by tranquilo

Got the 50mm tubular wheels today.
Very nice package, good looks and they came at 490g + 641g = 1131g so 29g underweight (1160g expected)! They came with some 45g titanium skewers and their own pads (look very like Reynolds Blue).
Plus, at my request, kyle also offered one spoke of each length used.

All in all, not bad for 650$ and it was a joy to do business with kyle.

Can't wait to try them.

addictR1

by addictR1

wow... interesting feedbacks. i wonder if ppl who got their set heavier than what was originally claimed... wonder if the order was done through Kyle or through their website?
if ordered through website and not through kyle... perhaps maybe there's different grades of quality that perhaps kyle make notes of for ppl buying through him? just a theory... that's all

roadytracky

by roadytracky

Warranty Claim Update - I received an e-mail from Kyle this morning saying he shipped a new rear hub out to replace my defective hub.

bura

by bura

@roadytracky..good news.
As I always say.Chinese guys are getting better and better in any field.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

g32ecs

by g32ecs

mdeth1313 wrote:
roadytracky wrote:

This is the risk w/ buying direct from China. You lose the customer service you'd (expect) to get from an enve, reynolds, boyd, etc in exchange for a much lower price.

Yeap...and if you're particular about that like myself then it's something MAJOR to be considered. You're basically biting the bullet.

...and I do own a pair of Taiwanese made wheelsets by Karbona. Got them for cheap so I don't really mind thrashing them.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

addictR1 wrote:wow... interesting feedbacks. i wonder if ppl who got their set heavier than what was originally claimed... wonder if the order was done through Kyle or through their website?
if ordered through website and not through kyle... perhaps maybe there's different grades of quality that perhaps kyle make notes of for ppl buying through him? just a theory... that's all

TBH I think it comes down to communication on both sides. I've known people to make orders for what they think is the same product their friends got, but they get something different simply because they did not verify the exact specifics of what they were ordering. This might not necessarily be the case with those that are saying they got heavier-than-advertised wheels, but it might be considering that many other people are getting their orders exactly to their specifications (ie, the specific type of brake track, width, wheels, hubs, and so forth).

Clear, patient and verified communication is everything.

Also, some people tend to be more 'nervous' about things in life. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I've also found that in life you get what you put into it. Put in some good positivity and confidence in another person, you'll get good results. Approach someone with nervousness and mistrust? You'll get what you think you'll get. This is evident in every aspect of life, watching people in the bicycle-world get nervous about dealing with others across oceans or language barriers is no different than any other instance. "The world will reply in kind" ;)

Negativity begets negativity, positivity begets positivity.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

addictR1

by addictR1

^^ amen... where's the LIKE button when i need it? Well said man...

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Wanted to stop by and say I've got about 2K km on my Farsports 50mm Clinchers and they have been fabulous. I use them as my daily wheels. Braking is excellent with Reynolds Cryo Blue pads. There are a lot of hills in my area and no issues here with braking heat etc.

My build: DT240s, CX ray, internal nipples.

Kyle has been excellent. I just ordered a set of the exact same wheels with 24mm deep tubular rims for the hills/races.

Too often internet forums represent the negative bias so I wanted to chime in. I don't know if there is a better value for $800 out there.

Liggero

by Liggero

Amen for prend.
Happy Trails !!!

camrat13

by camrat13

tranquilo wrote:Got the 50mm tubular wheels today.
Very nice package, good looks and they came at 490g + 641g = 1131g so 29g underweight (1160g expected)! They came with some 45g titanium skewers and their own pads (look very like Reynolds Blue).
Plus, at my request, kyle also offered one spoke of each length used.

All in all, not bad for 650$ and it was a joy to do business with kyle.

Can't wait to try them.

Nice :thumbup: ! do you happen to know the specs?
-rim width 20.5 23 25, V, U, toroidal
-high temp or basalt brake surface
-hub choice

im finally looking to pick up some tubulars for racing

tranquilo

by tranquilo

Hi,
The rim is the V one with 20.5mm.
Basalt brake.
EDhub 20h front, 24h rear
Sapim CX-ray

I have glued two Veloflex Carbon tubulars (with almost 1&1/2 years of aging :shock: :lol:) and I will try them this Saturday on a pretty demanding course. Will report back if I run in to some troubles, otherwise I probably just will do a 1500km review.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

wow.. i got my Farsport FSC36-CM. loving it!

weight comes out to 1264g and the Ti skewers are 44g. woohooo~