Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merlin6014

by merlin6014

kylefoo wrote:
merlin6014 wrote:Still waiting to hear from farsport bout my front wheel. Nothing so far. They were so quick in answering emails before...

I wonder who you contacted with before? and what is your name? may be i can pass messages for you.

Sent an email to sales3@farsports.cn a few days ago for a warranty issue - havn't got a response yet. Hope its gone to the right place, cant see any other contact details on the site?

EDIT - sent you a PM.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

merlin6014 wrote:
kylefoo wrote:
merlin6014 wrote:Still waiting to hear from farsport bout my front wheel. Nothing so far. They were so quick in answering emails before...

I wonder who you contacted with before? and what is your name? may be i can pass messages for you.

Sent an email to sales3@farsports.cn a few days ago for a warranty issue - havn't got a response yet. Hope its gone to the right place, cant see any other contact details on the site?

EDIT - sent you a PM.

Hi our sales3 still on holidays and will be back 3days later.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

KLabs wrote:
Perhaps Kyle can answer these questions :)
- are they U or V shaped rim
- what is the benefit of the basalt braking surface
- what is the rim weight
- can Clincher tyres and tubes be used with this rim
- how stable is the wheel in crosswinds
- can you order a 50/38mm deep wheelset
- which SwissStop pads can be used with these rims

Hi Kyle, welcome back, and maybe you can answer trillo1111's questions :)[/quote]

- 23mm width is V shape, while 24mm width is U shape.
- have a good function of resistance of high temperature.
- 430g/pc of 38mm clincher, 480g/pc of 50mm*23mm, 500g/pc of 50mm*24mm.
- 50/38mm, mixed building solution is ok.
- Swiss Stop yellow pads are ok, but i donot know whether Swissstop Prince pads can work or not.
FarSports carbon wheels
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

merlin6014

by merlin6014

kylefoo wrote:
merlin6014 wrote:
kylefoo wrote:

EDIT - sent you a PM.

Is there someone else i can send this too or just have to wait another 3 days?

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

merlin6014 wrote:
kylefoo wrote:
merlin6014 wrote:
kylefoo wrote:

EDIT - sent you a PM.

Is there someone else i can send this too or just have to wait another 3 days?

Anthony, just now i passed messages to Johnson telling him reply you asap.
FarSports carbon wheels

merlin6014

by merlin6014

kylefoo wrote:
Anthony, just now i passed messages to Johnson telling him reply you asap.

Thank you much appreciated.

Keetoo

by Keetoo

@Kylefoo, I ordered the standard 38mm clincher wheelset via velobuild at 16 february, Mae contacted me the 18th. Can you tell me the estimated shipping/ delivery date ?

Thanks'

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

Keetoo wrote:@Kylefoo, I ordered the standard 38mm clincher wheelset via velobuild at 16 february, Mae contacted me the 18th. Can you tell me the estimated shipping/ delivery date ?

Thanks'

Keetoo, you can show me your order details by PM or email, if for the normal order, i mean not special hubs, holes, rims finish.
they can be shipped within 6-7days, or 10-15days. 18-23days for special orders.
FarSports carbon wheels

rainerhq

by rainerhq

kylefoo: can I use Reynolds blue brake pads with basalt brake track? Or can someone suggest best pads for basalt.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The blue pads - Reynolds or the ones supplied by FarSports - are the best pads to use.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

rainerhq wrote:kylefoo: can I use Reynolds blue brake pads with basalt brake track? Or can someone suggest best pads for basalt.

It works well with Reynolds Blue Brake Pads, as i remember member Geoff's wheels are with this version of pads.
FarSports carbon wheels

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

prendrefeu wrote:The blue pads - Reynolds or the ones supplied by FarSports - are the best pads to use.

Have you tried the new Swissstop Black Prince yet? I'm planning on trying them out when I get the rims (en route now thanks to kyle)
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

OK, very close on pulling the trigger on some 24 mm carbon clinchers, has anyone had any experience with these wheels?

These-FSC24-CN with Bitex/shimano 10sp, sapim cx-ray spokes and sils nipples, weight: 1350+/-30g/set. Cost USD$484/set.
Rims: full carbon 24mm clincher 20/24H rim with basalt brake track.
Parts: Ti quick release and brake pads

Just worried about the wheels failing !!

Cheers
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

carlislegeorge wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:The blue pads - Reynolds or the ones supplied by FarSports - are the best pads to use.

Have you tried the new Swissstop Black Prince yet? I'm planning on trying them out when I get the rims (en route now thanks to kyle)

No, not yet. I plan to once I run through my current sets of Blue Pads - I used the Reynolds Blue for a while, then switched to the ones supplied by FarSports (just to check if there was a difference, which there is none). So even after the current FarSports Blue finish I have a decent set of Reynolds Blue waiting patiently to get used.

MMMmmmm speaking of which, I've got to do a much needed update to my review thread on their 38mm wheels...
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

merlin6014

by merlin6014

merlin6014 wrote:
Thank you much appreciated.

Dear kylefoo I do hate to sound impatient but it has now been a further 3 days and still no reply or acknowledgement from Farsport regarding my dodgy front wheel. Could someone please contact me to sort this out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com