Hutchinson tubeless Fusion 3 crap or am I unlucky?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Some tire companies are avoiding Hutchinson's leak issue altogether with their road tubeless releases. They're calling theirs "tubeless ready", and Hutchinson is doing that too. If they're supposed to be taking sealant, nobody can whine about the tire needing sealant. Lighter in the end, too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

policedutchdog

by policedutchdog

I have just mounted up my 3rd set of IRC Formula's on my Stans 340's and won't ever go back to a Hutchinson tire again. The IRC's are the best tubeless tire on the market. They are a little pricey but built to last, have much better grip and don't get all cut-up after just a few rides like the Hutchinsons. IRC now has distribution in the US and are carried by QBP. I have run tubeless since they came out and have run all the tread on the market and so far it's the IRC's that run the best.

Scott

petromyzon

by petromyzon

If you make something people like, they will come. At the moment RT is slower, heavier and harder to install than competing clinchers, and you have to use rubber that is more expensive and inferior. I'm enthusiastic about the concept but that is the bottom line for me.

maddog 2

by maddog 2

it may be slower and heavier than the fastest, lightest raciest tyre it's true. But for a recreational cyclist, compared to a decent, robust everyday tyre it's not slower, or heavier, and it's not difficult to install, at all.

But it is better at lower pressures, which gives you more grip, more comfort, better feel, and no pinch punctures, and still rolls well.

But you are right, half the problem is the ignorance/head-in-the-sand/don't-change-what-isn't-broken mentality of the mass (road) market but that will change I suspect, albeit slowly. MTBers are more willing to try new ideas.

Privateer

by Privateer

thisisatest wrote:Some tire companies are avoiding Hutchinson's leak issue altogether with their road tubeless releases. They're calling theirs "tubeless ready", and Hutchinson is doing that too. If they're supposed to be taking sealant, nobody can whine about the tire needing sealant. Lighter in the end, too.

Really? That's interesting. I think it's definitely the way forward.

Who exactly? All I know of are Bontrager. I can't find any road tubeless ready on the Hutchinson website.