Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed May 04, 2016 8:44 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
djconnel wrote:
Or you can lose the weight AND get the light bike :).

The top end bikes are never a bargain. Better to go to second-tier and weenie it down. Cheaper and lighter.


I think that the EVO Red is a bargain relatively speaking. ;)


CBRE wrote:
CourageousLion wrote:
Only 3 pounds and $7,000 dollars difference? I think I'll go on a diet and loose 3 pounds.


lost 3#'s off my Evo Red for less than $2000.


Nice! :thumbup: Build list please?

Here's my "Dream Build" (best I can see, it comes out to 13.79lbs
w/Dura Ace 7900 pedals with a 335g drop + adding the pedals on):

2012 EVO Red
    Enve 6.7 Wheelset
    Praxis Chainrings
    Arione CX Saddle
    3T Seat Post
    3T Stem
    Zipp Bar

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 119
Location: South Africa
2ndgen wrote:
Nice! :thumbup: Build list please?

Here's my "Dream Build" (best I can see, it comes out to 13.79lbs
w/Dura Ace 7900 pedals with a 335g drop + adding the pedals on):

2012 EVO Red
    Enve 6.7 Wheelset
    Praxis Chainrings
    Arione CX Saddle
    3T Seat Post
    3T Stem
    Zipp Bar



Waiting for my EVO frame.....
Spares lying in the cupboard:
    Zipp 404 Firecrest
    Campy Super Record
    Zipp Vukasprint bars + Zipp 145SL Stem
    Quarq powermeter with Hollowgram cranks.
    3T Ltd Seatpost
    Fizik 00
    Time iClick

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

That is if our local agents catch a wake up and actually get some stock!! :lol: :cry:

_________________
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
Spinnekop wrote:
2ndgen wrote:
Nice! :thumbup: Build list please?

Here's my "Dream Build" (best I can see, it comes out to 13.79lbs
w/Dura Ace 7900 pedals with a 335g drop + adding the pedals on):

2012 EVO Red
    Enve 6.7 Wheelset
    Praxis Chainrings
    Arione CX Saddle
    3T Seat Post
    3T Stem
    Zipp Bar



Waiting for my EVO frame.....
Spares lying in the cupboard:
    Zipp 404 Firecrest
    Campy Super Record
    Zipp Vukasprint bars + Zipp 145SL Stem
    Quarq powermeter with Hollowgram cranks.
    3T Ltd Seatpost
    Fizik 00
    Time iClick

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

That is if our local agents catch a wake up and actually get some stock!! :lol: :cry:
\

And I can't wait for the build pics!

:wink:

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 am
Posts: 628
Spinnekop wrote:
2ndgen wrote:
Nice! :thumbup: Build list please?

Here's my "Dream Build" (best I can see, it comes out to 13.79lbs
w/Dura Ace 7900 pedals with a 335g drop + adding the pedals on):

2012 EVO Red
    Enve 6.7 Wheelset
    Praxis Chainrings
    Arione CX Saddle
    3T Seat Post
    3T Stem
    Zipp Bar



Waiting for my EVO frame.....
Spares lying in the cupboard:
    Zipp 404 Firecrest
    Campy Super Record
    Zipp Vukasprint bars + Zipp 145SL Stem
    Quarq powermeter with Hollowgram cranks.
    3T Ltd Seatpost
    Fizik 00
    Time iClick

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

That is if our local agents catch a wake up and actually get some stock!! :lol: :cry:


Stoked to see how it comes out, my only criticism is the Zipp 145sl stem. Its a bit of a pig and quite heavy. I'd look into the new SL speed stem. It'll be blingin' and fit the lines of the bike better, I think.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:11 pm
Posts: 1308
Location: Bergen, Norway
Is the fork from SuperSIX Evo and Caad10 the same? Except the weight then. Could save a lot of weight with a Evofork on my Caad10 :)

_________________
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 7872
Location: San Francisco, CA
I was told by a shop there's a difference between the carbon used in the Evo framesets associated with the different models, and an associated weight difference (other than paint). However, the website has no such indication.

Anyone know?

_________________
http://djconnel.blogspot.com/
Fuji SL/1


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
djconnel wrote:
I was told by a shop there's a difference between the carbon used in the Evo framesets associated with the different models, and an associated weight difference (other than paint). However, the website has no such indication.

Anyone know?


Carbon is different.
Road Bike Action
September 2011
Page 50


PS
Your Fuji is sick.
How many miles on it so far?
Anything broken?

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 am
Posts: 797
what do the foot soldiers at the lbs really know???

real weight

54cm ss evo sram red 790gm white/black. raw black clearcoat would be close to 700gm

http://dostamales.com/equiped/cannondal ... ew-part-1/




djconnel wrote:
I was told by a shop there's a difference between the carbon used in the Evo framesets associated with the different models, and an associated weight difference (other than paint). However, the website has no such indication.

Anyone know?

_________________
Current Rides:

2014 Trek 7.9 PO Sram E-Tap
2016 Emonda ALR Team Issue 9000 DA


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
spartan wrote:
what do the foot soldiers at the lbs really know???

real weight

54cm ss evo sram red 790gm white/black. raw black clearcoat would be close to 700gm

http://dostamales.com/equiped/cannondal ... ew-part-1/




djconnel wrote:
I was told by a shop there's a difference between the carbon used in the Evo framesets associated with the different models, and an associated weight difference (other than paint). However, the website has no such indication.

Anyone know?


Funny. Cannondale fessed up to 727g for a 56cm frameset in the article.

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 am 
Offline
Shop Owner

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:02 am
Posts: 1980
Location: NoVA/DC
evo framesets apparently have the individual frame pieces weighed before final assembly, the lightest ones go together to make the frame for the "ultimate" models, making those frames lighter than the other models. besides that, it's paint,


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 7872
Location: San Francisco, CA
2ndgen wrote:
Your Fuji is sick.
How many miles on it so far?
Anything broken?


Slightly off-topic: Nothing broken, except for the wheels. The front Edge 1.24 failed and it was replaced under warranty. Now the rear is suffering the same fate: deformation near the seam opposite the stem hole. Miles on these wheels are very light, I use them for hillclimbs only, but of course that means I need to descend, and the braking may have caused issues. The front one which replaced the original seems better, so I think the originals were bad samples. The seat clamp (KCNC clamp on Thomson post) isn't great: I'd prefer a KCNC post with the KCNC clamp. I actually have that combination with my padded SLR saddle (avoid exposing the Becker to undue trauma) and should probably switch the KCNC over to the Becker and restore the reliable Thomson clamp to the Thomson. Other stuff is fine.

_________________
http://djconnel.blogspot.com/
Fuji SL/1


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
djconnel wrote:
2ndgen wrote:
Your Fuji is sick.
How many miles on it so far?
Anything broken?


Slightly off-topic: Nothing broken, except for the wheels. The front Edge 1.24 failed and it was replaced under warranty. Now the rear is suffering the same fate: deformation near the seam opposite the stem hole. Miles on these wheels are very light, I use them for hillclimbs only, but of course that means I need to descend, and the braking may have caused issues. The front one which replaced the original seems better, so I think the originals were bad samples. The seat clamp (KCNC clamp on Thomson post) isn't great: I'd prefer a KCNC post with the KCNC clamp. I actually have that combination with my padded SLR saddle (avoid exposing the Becker to undue trauma) and should probably switch the KCNC over to the Becker and restore the reliable Thomson clamp to the Thomson. Other stuff is fine.


I'm sure Enve'll take care of you. How much do "you" weigh?
It's good to hear that the rest of the bike's held up.
I ask because I want to know what parts I can trust.
I'm over 200lbs, but it's mostly muscle (especially in my legs).
I'll be happy with a 15lb bike that I can beat and hammer without worrying about it.

I feel the same about matching components.
I have a KCNC post on my hit list, but I'm going to try match whatever I get
to as close to OEM in style as possible because it's been flawless for me.
I'm expecting to save about 15g there. The KCNC SC9 is pretty close.
I also like the Soul-Kozak & Woodman too. They both look pretty substantial.

Thanks for the info.

:thumbup:

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 617
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BUGPI2hmM

_________________
Project CAAD9 7.2kg
The CAAD Build Thread


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am
Posts: 846
Location: So Cal
I weighed a 56cm and it came out to 14.13lbs. Running SRAM Red, wheels are Ksyrium Elites, aluminum FSA bars and SL-K post...5500usd retail, compared to a 6600usd Cervelo R5 SRAM Red at 15.5lbs with Fulcrum 7, 3T carbon bars and post.

Fixed :mrgreen:


Last edited by Getter on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 502
Getter wrote:
I weighed a 56cm and it came out to 41.13lbs.

:shock: :shock: :shock:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cannondale Super 6 Evo Nano Black (2015) - Stock Weight?

in Road

markgoldstein

8

2065

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm

esomarriba View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Srm setup with super six evo

in Road

ninjanoir78

6

667

Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:43 pm

ms6073 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Zipp Super 9 Clincher

in Road

teakay

5

866

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:11 pm

teakay View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. A super mechanical groupset, who would buy it?

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

wheelsONfire

25

2593

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 pm

BRM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2011 Super Record

in Road

oddspam

6

371

Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:58 pm

AJS914 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4ibanez, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], nelsonkns, rma, Yahoo [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited