Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:18 am
Posts: 211
scott foil team issue review here

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... m-12-46241


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:38 am
Posts: 414
Hot hot bike


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 am
Posts: 7
Just received my scott foil 15 (2012 silver version). Size M. 970g for the frame


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 921
^Interesting, I got a 2013 about 5 months ago, Foil 15 54cm, it weighed 1014g, with chain catcher installed. 60g heavier, maybe 10g for the catcher at most...so still 30-45h heavier than your frame.

The team frame weighed 916g with chaincatcher/RD hangar. 56cm


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:13 am
Posts: 7
The BB cups are in place but nothing else. Looking forward to building it just need to find a guide for assembling the headset & fork?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 921
Think you saw the other thread.

There is no race crown. Just grease the bearing, put in on the fork.

Then the bearing/split ring on the top, dust cover...that is all. Really straight forward headset assembly.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:08 pm
Posts: 21
Image

Here's mine, it's XS. The frame pictured cracked, like many others people's, near the seatpost clamp. I got another one from Scott quite easily though.

_________________
L'Aérodynamique


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Romania
Does Foil (Team Issue 2013) accept a 25mm tubular tire regarding frame clearance ? I just purchased a Foil frameset and a Bontrager Aeolus 3 wheelset (27mm wide), would like to fit a 25mm wide tubular tire but want to be sure before buying them...

_________________
Scott Foil Team Issue


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:29 pm
Posts: 126
Bring it to a shop and do a dry fit


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 437
muntos wrote:
Does Foil (Team Issue 2013) accept a 25mm tubular tire regarding frame clearance ? I just purchased a Foil frameset and a Bontrager Aeolus 3 wheelset (27mm wide), would like to fit a 25mm wide tubular tire but want to be sure before buying them...


Short answer ; Yes.

Long answer ; It sure does fit ... I ride 25mm Vittoria Evo tubular tires on my Foil.

_________________
Scott Foil Team edition / Holdsworth Competition / Gluing tubular and add water.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Romania
PinaRene wrote:
muntos wrote:
Does Foil (Team Issue 2013) accept a 25mm tubular tire regarding frame clearance ? I just purchased a Foil frameset and a Bontrager Aeolus 3 wheelset (27mm wide), would like to fit a 25mm wide tubular tire but want to be sure before buying them...


Short answer ; Yes.

Long answer ; It sure does fit ... I ride 25mm Vittoria Evo tubular tires on my Foil.


Thank you !

_________________
Scott Foil Team Issue


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Romania
Short question for Foil (or maybe other models) owners, the frame come with a zone when it suppose the support bolt of
the front derailleur touches the frame.
Shimano front derailleur kit come with a backup plate that should be installed (bonded) to prevent frame damage.
My mechanic said that this backup plate isn't necessary on Foil frame because it already has this zone reinforced.
Did you put this plate on the frame or indeed isn't necessary ?
The frame's zone can be seen in this pic:
http://www.danscompbikes.com/images/lib ... 2211-1.jpg

_________________
Scott Foil Team Issue


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 921
^I run Di2, and they recommend highly putting the plate on a frame. I did on my Foil. No issues, and doesn't hurt to put it there, even on the Di2 specific frames.

I also see NO reason to NOT put it on the bike? Mechanics say all sorts of things, maybe it does have support, maybe not. But Shimano designed that plate to just adhere to where you need it, and provide protection to the paint/frame, so just use it.

Also, if you notice, that set screw for the FD, it pretty small, and I personally didn't want it pushing up against my frame, like a sharp pin almost screwing/turning it to push the FD outward and get it set correctly.

You never know the thing is even there once installed, forgot about it almost until you posted that question.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 am
Posts: 108
muntos wrote:
Short question for Foil (or maybe other models) owners, the frame come with a zone when it suppose the support bolt of
the front derailleur touches the frame.
Shimano front derailleur kit come with a backup plate that should be installed (bonded) to prevent frame damage.
My mechanic said that this backup plate isn't necessary on Foil frame because it already has this zone reinforced.
Did you put this plate on the frame or indeed isn't necessary ?
The frame's zone can be seen in this pic:
http://www.danscompbikes.com/images/lib ... 2211-1.jpg


It's sort of chain catcher I think) If you plan use such one as sram red has, you can easy remove that "plate")
https://www.sram.com/sram/road/products ... in-spotter


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:41 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Romania
Zigmeister wrote:
^I run Di2, and they recommend highly putting the plate on a frame. I did on my Foil. No issues, and doesn't hurt to put it there, even on the Di2 specific frames.

I also see NO reason to NOT put it on the bike? Mechanics say all sorts of things, maybe it does have support, maybe not. But Shimano designed that plate to just adhere to where you need it, and provide protection to the paint/frame, so just use it.

Also, if you notice, that set screw for the FD, it pretty small, and I personally didn't want it pushing up against my frame, like a sharp pin almost screwing/turning it to push the FD outward and get it set correctly.

You never know the thing is even there once installed, forgot about it almost until you posted that question.


Thanks, the only reason was that it was already installed and fine tuned but this morning the first thing I did was to remove the FD and attach the plate on the frame :)!

_________________
Scott Foil Team Issue


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2012 scott FOIL
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:16 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Attachment(s) Scott foil '16

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Road

banik69

70

9599

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Pokerface07 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Foil HMF Build

in Road

ab01ns

0

791

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:00 am

ab01ns View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Foil vs. Addict

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Road

DaVinci

29

5535

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:31 pm

p3dalfaster View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Scott Foil - Syncros RR1.0 Handlebars

in Road

p3dalfaster

7

1130

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Indyx View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Bottom bracket scott foil

in Road

kelih

4

462

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:44 am

MAsshole View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GothicCastle, jwfinesse and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited