DASH - Strike.9 Saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

anyone here ride on one of these? it seems very boutique type and definitely not on the cheap side. i know they have a trial program.. but before even going there.. i'd like to hear some feedbacks on them.. both pros and cons.

thanks.

sedluk

by sedluk

I bought one because I knew that it would take a while before I could test it out. They said that they have two versions, the longer one is a little more suited to road cycling and that it the one I bought. I also specified 4 layers of padding. I have spent a little time on it, maybe 40-50 miles. It is one of the most comfortable Dash saddles on my bottom and I have tried just about all of them. But I still prefer my Antares 00 so will probably sell it at some point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

sedluk: does the Strike.9 flex at all? i'm about 70kg so, so i wonder if it will flex a bit? also, i presume this saddle is like the ISM adamo where the twins would be hanging freely in front of the nose right?

tinozee

by tinozee

I want to try this saddle too. I use adamo breakaway and Fizik antares. The Adamo rules for positioning, but it's too heavy. The antares numbs my region if I am out on the nose holding an aero pos and hammering it for more than 20 minutes straight.

addictR1

by addictR1

yup... I love the adamo. I love the century.. Great feel.. But heavy.

refthimos

by refthimos

I have three of them. Love 'em obviously. No reason not to give it a try given the demo program that Dash offers. Oh and I did some aero testing with DC Rainmaker (see preview here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/04/rockslide-angeles-aerodynamic.html) on my S5 and we found that the aero advantage of the integrated Dash seatpost/saddle over the stock Cervelo S5 post/Adamo Attack saddle was "significant" - I don't have the exact numbers, but I think they will be published fairly soon.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

addictR1

by addictR1

I guess its worth a try. But the unit you get from the demo... Do you sent that back and he send you the new one?

can you post some photos of the road versions on your bike?

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Hi guys for what is it worth I got the Slate 7. I was on a Fizik Arione. I put this on, did two rides and then did two back to back NRC stage races here in the US. Of course it felt different but totally comfortable even on 110+ mile stages and I've been really happy so far. It came out to 95 grams on my scale also.

addictR1

by addictR1

does the strike9 does at all?

KWalker

by KWalker

I really want to try the Slate 7, but the price is absurd, even for a boutique product. Don't want to test it, fall in love with it, and not be able to afford it.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

addictR1

by addictR1

I feel you on that KWalker I'm in the same boat with the strike 9. Its a dilemma for me... $450 is steep, but if my ass and twins are happy... Shouldn't my wallet be as well?

my concern is the why the cf rails are integrated in... And that it might degrade over time.

KWalker

by KWalker

a comfy saddle shouldn't cost $450. Its a boutique part. If you can't make a normal, production seat work I'd look into your fit. Pros put in more time on saddles that they HAVE to ride than we do on saddles we choose to ride so it shouldn't be that tough.

With that said the reason I want the DASH saddle is the generous cutout, the weight, and the short length- its like my 2013 Toupe Pro but with more relief and with everything I like about the Toupe magnified.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I rode briefly on my friends Slate 7 and its a pretty comfy saddle. It has more flex than my S Works Toupe, and the leather cover seems to offer ample padding. They seem to be more refined as a product when compared to my Tune KomVor.

addictR1

by addictR1

KW.. The big cutouts is what I was after as well. That's why I was also looking at the Selle Italia SLR Superflow 145 Saddle as well.

fletch62

by fletch62

I am waiting to see how Berk's new saddle comes out.
Looks promising so far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com