Where to buy SRM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i think it is like you say. but we talk about very small differences in measurement. the main problem at every srm is the heartrate measurement, which produces errors at every train or electicity cable or when you ride with a guy wearing a polar watch. for me this is no big problem because heartrate has none imortance for me, watt, cadence and time counts. but if there would be one thing to make better, it would be heartrate.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i should add that with the latest version of the powercoach software, you can import the hra-data from e.g. a polar-watch into the training file with the srm-data, this is the easiest way to get good hra-data. plus you have the height above sea level.
with the powercoach software you can correct the false hra-data, but it takes a lot of time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

simon wrote:i should add that with the latest version of the powercoach software, you can import the hra-data from e.g. a polar-watch into the training file with the srm-data, this is the easiest way to get good hra-data. plus you have the height above sea level.
with the powercoach software you can correct the false hra-data, but it takes a lot of time.

Can't you correct these data directly in the SRM software? So you do need that Powercoach Software for that?

Correcting data with the Polar Precision Performance software goes very fast, so making a tool for this on the SRM software can't be that difficult.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i don't know much about the srm software because i don't use it. i take the data from the powercontrol directly into the powercoach program. the powercoach program is the best thing about cycling/training. go to the homepage and watch the pictures you can make of your training rides or races.
for example you have a ride of 5 hours and in the last hour you made 3x 10 minutes 400 watt. now you can cut out every intervall and calculate average watt etc., write it into the training book of this training file, then re-add the rest of the training and safe everything. the programm is not easy for a beginner, but the possibilities are endless.