BBRight Cervelo Compatibility With SRM Rotor 3D+ Power Meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

triguy42

by triguy42

Actually I just received a note back from Kervin at Rotor, he said that he just measured one of each and the 3D and 3D+ are supposed to be identical but in fact are slightly different:

3D: 145mm width at the pedals (Qfactor) and 135mm width at the axle
3D+: 151mm width at the pedals (Qfactor) and 141mm width at the axle

So the Shimano Octalink 105 setup is 145mm Qfactor and 130mm at the axle, for 7.5mm of ankle clearance on each side. The Rotor has 5mm of ankle clearance per side, which will probably be enough for me. But neither of them are the same as the nominal 147mm Qfactor that has been thrown around...I'm not sure if that will matter for me or not. I'll probably take my chances with the 3D+ SRM and just hope it all works out! :lol:

ty-ro

by ty-ro

triguy42 wrote:Actually I just received a note back from Kervin at Rotor, he said that he just measured one of each and the 3D and 3D+ are supposed to be identical but in fact are slightly different:

3D: 145mm width at the pedals (Qfactor) and 135mm width at the axle
3D+: 151mm width at the pedals (Qfactor) and 141mm width at the axle

That's odd. When I asked them, they said they were the same. This was several weeks ago, so I trust in your newer numbers more than mine. Thanks for the correction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

triguy42

by triguy42

Paul said the same thing in an email, and Kervin replied a few minutes later with the above dimensions. He said "Hmmm, it is supposed to be the same <snip> I will have to investigate further." In the worst case it's a 2.5% change in Q factor compared to the width at my hip joint, so probably not a significant issue.

zachspeed

by zachspeed

Hi tryguy42 and ty-ro

I found this old thread since I have the same worries that you had. Did you ever try the Rotor 3D+ in real life? Did you experience any problems?

Zach