Lightest Parts for Roadbike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Simon BP

by Simon BP

2010TrekMadone wrote:Thanks everyone for your answers! After all of your input, I have decided my next build. I'm still unsure of what gruppo I want. Simon BP suggested many light components. @ Simon BP: How much lighter is the Sram Red complete gruppo compared to the complete gruppo you listed? I'm very close on getting Sram Reds. What is a great deal/bargain for a 2010 Sram Red Gruppo?

well, the groupset I listed(with the modifications that were listed below) will save you on the better side og 500g compared to a standard Red groupset. But it will also cost the equivalent to several Red groups (o;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

i am in the process of doing a new build and am trying to figure out if the TLO bars are still the lightest? Also if you guys could take the list and instead of 2011 on all the categories we use 2013. Thanks.

austke

by austke

There is a listings section that is very useful for comparing weights. :)
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

liketoride

by liketoride

well i did look at the listing and it only has handlebars from 2010 up so i was wondering if any of the products went up or down. So as of 2010 the axlightness bars are the lightest. I just want to make sure this is the lightest bar on the market. thanks.

austke

by austke

Schmolke TLO is the lightest bar listed. But the year is showing as 2007. My understanding is the data will stay the same if the item being is still the same?
Schmolke TLO 2007-2013 is same?
It can only be updated if us as members submit our weights. And all weights I have submitted in the past have been updated to the listings page. :) thx to our Mods.
If there is a lighter bar than the schmolke TLO. Then I will stand corrected. :)
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg