Superlight read immediately!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Superlight-
I knwo you just got your CAAD 7, and on your spec sheet you had an extralite seat collar. I just got one in the mail today for my CAAD 7 (31.8, the smallest they make) and IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO FITTING! I was told by the people at extralite that the 31.8 would fit and it doesn't, so hopefully you haven't bought one yet. By the way, does anyone wanna buy a 31.8 extralite THE CLAMP?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drew

by drew

520 Dan wrote:Superlight-
I knwo you just got your CAAD 7, and on your spec sheet you had an extralite seat collar. I just got one in the mail today for my CAAD 7 (31.8, the smallest they make) and IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO FITTING! I was told by the people at extralite that the 31.8 would fit and it doesn't, so hopefully you haven't bought one yet. By the way, does anyone wanna buy a 31.8 extralite THE CLAMP?

But my CAAD 7 is 27.2mm :?: :?: is 31.8 external diameter?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

yes

Superlite

by Superlite

I already have one, from my old bike. Why doesn't it fit? Too big or too small? If too big then they sent you the wrong size. I have the 31.8mm and it was able to work on my post diameter of 26.8 a hair big for that but worked, so 27.2 should be perfect.

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

well, its way too big, and thats what I thought, that they had sent me the wrong size, so i went to my emails etc. with extralite and every interaction i had with them said 31.8. I haven't looked at it with a caliper or anything, but this thing isn't even close to the right size. I thought that it might be because of how thin the tube walls are, even in the seat tube (other al frames I have had have been MUCH thicker) I'll keep you updated though.

Superlite

by Superlite

I'm pretty sure they gave you the wrong size, the seat tube where the top clamp is is almost a standard diameter with each seat post size, i.e a 27.2 on one frame is most likely to have the same outer diameter as another frame with that size.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Maybe you've done this alredy, but why don't you measure the inner diameter of the clamp?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Just letting you know 520 my extralite clamp fits perfect on my CAAD 7, just got it yesterday. They sent you the 34.9mm diameter. Contact them, they messed up.