New 178g Syntace bar, new Ram bar and SLR carbon review.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nolimit
Resident Pro

by nolimit

I saw the press release from Syntace today and a pic at the shop i work at. it is carbon with an ergo bend. only gonna cost about $240. It has a 31. something clamp size. That doesnt make that much sense to me because the Syntace F99 stem (which I had but switched to the ITM THE STEM, b/c the F99 was too short) the F99 is a 26 clamp size so the two are not compatable. this bar looks legit and they said that it can be used with 4 bolt stems.

Also the other talk at my shop is that Cineli is making a sub 300 gram Ram bar. I forgot the exact weight quoted to me so I wont write something I am not sure. Apparently this one does exist and we will be getting them as soon as we can.

Also, a friend just got the full carbon SLR, not the C64 though, just the fulll carbon one. It looks great and felt great for the minute I sat on it. It has no padding but he swears by it. He also has the old full carbon SLR which I had never seen before but definelty does exist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

racingtiger

by racingtiger

The ram bar is 290 grams. Rasmussen is riding them in the tour along with Boogerd, Dekker and Menchov.
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!

pk0r

by pk0r

The Syntace bar isn't that new at all.
It has already been released in May:
Syntace Racelite Carbon 31.8.

It is compatible with the F119 - the 31.8 version of the F99 - so nothing special from Syntace's side here either.
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

spytech

by spytech

any pics of the new ram bar? i hope its not wet noodle stiff! Any ETA on this bar? is the bar all carbon with a carbon stem and clamp like the Kuota viking, or like deda and the old ram bar; they have an alu clamp and carbon wrap around?