Ritchey Carbon vs 3t carbon bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ufgators

by Ufgators

I have long been a fan of the 3t team carbon bars but I am thinking for my next build that they might not be the right length reach/ bend. How stiff are the Ritchey carbon handlebars such as the superlogic ii carbon? I would appreciate the input as no one around where I live carries these bars. Thanks

dcl10

by dcl10

They are not very stiff, but neither were my Rotundo Pros. If you want a super stiff carbon bar the Pro Vibe is the best I've tried, though its not that light. The Zipp SLC2 is likely the stiffest sub 200 gram bar you'll find. However if you've been happy with the 3T's, you'll probably find the Ritchey bars adequate.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Denavelo

by Denavelo

If you want Shimano Pro Vibe, I suggest you go to jensonusa.com right now! they're blowing out Shimano Pro Vibe carbon bars for $99 + shipping. I bought a pair of the round pro vibe bars to match my stem/post/bottle cages. You can't beat that price, and I love the huge round feel of the main section of Pro Vibe bars. Pretty stiff and light, when compared to other options. I like the Zipp SL2 bars as well..
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

SkyeC

by SkyeC

+1 on the Pro Vibes from Jenson. I got a pair last month and they've been great so far. Nice and stiff, good dampening, although they are not WW-bars.

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

Are the PRO Vibe bars on JensonUSA the previous version with 83 or 84mm reach or the new 79mm reach? Single or duel cable recessed? Thanks!

Getter

by Getter

lol...you can get the 7s stem here for 50usd.

You can have the Pro front end for 150.00...before shipping. :mrgreen:

dkapp

by dkapp

Great price on the Vibe bars, hard to pass up. I'm typically a Ritchey guy but I need to upgrade my Giant on a budget.

I found a Pro PLT carbon (carbon wrapped over alloy) stem for $48 + shipping to better match the bars. For that price I'm willing to give it a try.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/ ... osite-stem

Arts Cyclery has the Carbon Vibe stem on sale for $70 but only 80/130/140 lengths left in stock. Nobody else is coming close to this price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com