New Dash Hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mambocat

by mambocat

Check out some new DASH hubs they are crazy light. 780g wheels anyone?

http://www.cyclingtechblog.com/2011/03/ ... ubswheels/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

One or more of you ww's have dash hubs. Any feedback?

devinci

by devinci

run a search and learn you are far, far out of date

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Actually the hubs that Nico is showing on his blog are new and quite different from the first ones that were shown. The originals used flanges with jbend spokes and these use a straight pull spoke all the way around. They also use a ti insert for the spoke "flange" on the drive side and as far as I know they have a different driver system. Though the weights and look haven't changed too much.

x43x

by x43x

The new production model hubs will have the straight pull design. There is also a 2.0 hub set coming out that will be heavier, but cheaper ($650 for a set). They will use the same bodies and freehubs as the flagships, but will have hybrid bearings and slightly altered internals. They should be slightly lighter than the Extralite hubs though. If all goes well, Weston will be making me an 18/20 set of the 2.0s to be laced with some Enve 45s that Fairwheel will be building. They are supposed to be going into production at the end of April.

LiveFastRideHard

by LiveFastRideHard

Anyone know if the straight pull version has the same 65kg weight limit? Love the straight pulls either way was leaning toward Extralite's but these now have me seriously intrigued.
Felt DA(RIP), Look 595, Merlin CR Works, Calfee Tetra Pro, Moots Vamoots

rruff
Shop Owner

by rruff

x43x wrote:The new production model hubs will have the straight pull design. There is also a 2.0 hub set coming out that will be heavier, but cheaper ($650 for a set). They will use the same bodies and freehubs as the flagships, but will have hybrid bearings and slightly altered internals. They should be slightly lighter than the Extralite hubs though. If all goes well, Weston will be making me an 18/20 set of the 2.0s to be laced with some Enve 45s that Fairwheel will be building. They are supposed to be going into production at the end of April.

What is the material for the DS drive flange... where the spokes connect? It looks very fragile...

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

LiveFastRideHard wrote:Anyone know if the straight pull version has the same 65kg weight limit? Love the straight pulls either way was leaning toward Extralite's but these now have me seriously intrigued.

65kg weight limit seriously? Is that rider plus bike?
Talk about a niche product,

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Ouch! 65 kg weight limit. I guess I need to look elsewhere. That is the lowest weight limit for any bike product I know of

Tallsopp

by Tallsopp

I uderstood them to have a 75kg weight limit, though I could be wrong. Really not into the straight pull front, more complicated and as far as I can tell, no weight advantage.

Tallsopp

by Tallsopp

The new mira and veronika wheels are 895g with Enve rims and have a rider weight limit of 80kg.

Breaking news?

x43x

by x43x

The flange material is grade 5 titanium. The protruding portion that connects to the spokes is directly off the ratcheting drive ring in a single piece. The weight limit has been increased to 80kg. I believe they went to straight pull for better spoke tension.

Here are the specs from Dash's site:

MIRA(front hub):

Weight: 29-31g (Full Ceramic Option)
Weight: 35-37g (Ceramic Hybrid Option)
Drillings: 16, 18, 20
Bearings: 2X 6801 Full Ceramic
Center to Flange: 37mm
Axle: 12mm
Shell: Carbon reinforced AL Ring

VERONICA(rear hub):

Weight: 99-102g (Full Ceramic w/ Sinlge Hybrid Option)
Weight: 101-110g (Ceramic Hybrid Option)
Drillings: 24, 18-TRIPLET
Bearings: 2X 6802/1X 6803 Full Ceramic, 1X 6803 Ceramic Hybrid
Axle: 15/17mm
Center to DS: 17mm
Center to NDS: 36mm
Drive-Side Flange: TITANIUM GRADE 5
Non-Drive-Side Flange: Carbon reinforced AL Ring
Drive Style: 3-Pawl TITANIUM GRADE 5 Interface

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I checked dashs website. 895 g for a wheelset with enve rims seems a bit heavy for these wheels. Assuming 500 g for a pair of enve 25 rims and 35 g for front hub and 110 g for rear and 200 g for spokes and nipples, it ends up at 845 g.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

x43x

by x43x

I should be riding them in a week or two: