Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:07 am
Posts: 154
what's the link to hongfu's site? is it this?

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/

possibly interested in a set of 60mm clinchers. . .

thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 226
The website is www.e-hongfu-bikes.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 am
Posts: 258
are these the same framesets/wheelsets sold by ebay seller user name : "bicycle_999" ?

They have gang rape prices. I want to make sure that if its the same company...chances are it might hold up a season or two of racing and training.
Looks similar, priced similar....

_________________
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:32 am
Posts: 94
How stiff are the wheels? I've been looking at doing some custom builds and have been looking at a couple different sources for rims but I can't make up my mind so the more I know the better :)

I'm 5'10" 182lbs at the moment (will be down below 170 by next race season) and have a 1500 watt sprint (will also increase by next race season) so stiffness is pretty important to me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 211
The eBay seller for HongFu is Jenny Liu who uses the handle "anybaby8088" I think "bicycle_999" is another Chinese or Taiwanese seller...

Currently in Chicago I know of a few people using 50mm carbon rims from China for the Chicago Cyclocross Cup- 12 cross races... Thus far with 4 races down there have been no failures or issues with the rims.

With respect to stiffness- that's more a symptom of how you build the wheels... I'd probably no advise on a radial pattern for the front or a simple 2 cross for the rear- you might want to look into a 3 cross all around... the wheels will be a tad heavier but should be significantly stiffer- in addition be mindful of using good spokes... I used DT Aerolite and they're worth every penny.

Ultimately I built mine up for about $550... whatever the outcome, if I only get one season out of them (I can still salvage the spokes and hubs in worst case) that's not a huge punch in the wallet... I mean a set of Zipps even with pro deal is going to run about $1800- for that price I would build 3 wheelsets...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:08 am
Posts: 101
Location: North Carolina
Some at RBR actually went to the factory to meet Jenny. Pics are here:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showth ... 9#poststop

showdown wrote:
The eBay seller for HongFu is Jenny Liu who uses the handle "anybaby8088" I think "bicycle_999" is another Chinese or Taiwanese seller...

Currently in Chicago I know of a few people using 50mm carbon rims from China for the Chicago Cyclocross Cup- 12 cross races... Thus far with 4 races down there have been no failures or issues with the rims.

With respect to stiffness- that's more a symptom of how you build the wheels... I'd probably no advise on a radial pattern for the front or a simple 2 cross for the rear- you might want to look into a 3 cross all around... the wheels will be a tad heavier but should be significantly stiffer- in addition be mindful of using good spokes... I used DT Aerolite and they're worth every penny.

Ultimately I built mine up for about $550... whatever the outcome, if I only get one season out of them (I can still salvage the spokes and hubs in worst case) that's not a huge punch in the wallet... I mean a set of Zipps even with pro deal is going to run about $1800- for that price I would build 3 wheelsets...

_________________
http://www.bikewheelparts.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 am
Posts: 258
thanks showdown....I am choosing between a stiff crit aluminum frame or a cheap carbon frameset for an addition to my roadbike training stable. I plan to retire the six13 to fulltime trainer duties....

_________________
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 42
48mm tubular rims from WW user hanzypanzy + novatec hubs + dt revolution spokes ~ 1230g

Image

_________________
Shut Up Legs! (Jens Voigt)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 am
Posts: 1275
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
showdown wrote:
I had many (24) emails with Jenny, the customer service manager.


I bet she liked you. Her time spent responding to you emails probably cost the company more than the wheels were actually worth. So, please explain, if buying these wheels was such a great experience, how come you had to exchange 24 emails with the seller?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 386
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:46 am


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am
Posts: 688
i wonder how good are the hongfu vs. farsport version?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 am
Posts: 116
Valbrona wrote:
showdown wrote:
I had many (24) emails with Jenny, the customer service manager.


I bet she liked you. Her time spent responding to you emails probably cost the company more than the wheels were actually worth. So, please explain, if buying these wheels was such a great experience, how come you had to exchange 24 emails with the seller?

Language barrier.

These guy can speak basic English but won't understand normal jargons we use.

I've dealt with a lot of Chinese sellers before. You always want to make sure everything's clear.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:56 pm
Posts: 106
addictR1 wrote:
i wonder how good are the hongfu vs. farsport version?


I can speak for my 50mm Farsports Tubulars and they have been working really well for me. Nice and stiff, fairly light at 1200g. Farsports had good customer service as well.

I've had them for 7 months and they've worked well. Rode a local crit race this past weekend and cornering was very nice.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. chinese carbon handlebars: YES/NO ?

[ Go to page: 15 6 7 8 9 ]

in Road

J00P

134

14325

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 am

Bogan View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Polished tubular rims - does my ideal holy trinity exist?

in Road

MJB

5

827

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:43 am

Mike V View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Carbon rims from China..anyone used them?

in Road

Jones304

1

611

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:45 am

mentok View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Removing glue residue from carbon tubular rim

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

wootenlakeguy

30

1491

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:29 pm

fogman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Hub brand on Vanderkitten PSIMET carbon tubular wheelset

in Road

clm2206

7

441

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:59 pm

clm2206 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amey, Babek, ChristianB, duvivr6, fh8425, KCookie, motorapido, phlip, slick1, Vermu and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited