Bike Discounts during the Corona Crisis

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JMOS

by JMOS

Hi everyone, I am asking myself whether the discounts that more and more bike shops are offering these days are actually discounts offered to them by the big manufacturers, which the shops merely pass on, or whether these discounts solely reduce their own (the shops') profits. I'd feel somewhat better if the former was the case but find it a bit awkward to simply ask the shops. Any ideas/suggestions?

Stay safe everyone!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

At our store, any discount on the bike itself is from the shop. We purchase all the bikes. The only thing that really comes from the manufacturer is purchase incentives on accessories, you buy a bike you get $x amount to spend on manufacturer-branded accessories. Those sales are only once or twice a year. The manufacturer could discount a bike to help move inventory, but it's up to the shop to pass those savings on OR just make bigger margins and still sell it for MSRP.

RECAR77

by RECAR77

Yeah, we only ever get discounts for the bulk order in the beginning of the season (usually very low single digit % for our smallish shop).

All the bikes in our shop are already paid for. Any sale is from us.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk