These McEwen are really so funny...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dalai

by Dalai

Stevo wrote:O'Grady should have just said there was contact, but it had no effect on the result and didn't cause him harm, and said further that the decision had been made and that's the end of it. Instead he goes on TV and puts the boots in to Robbie.

In the highlight package shown on SBS (Australian Free to Air TV station) O'Grady did say that he wouldn't have beaten Boonen. That Boonen was unbeatable regardless of his interaction with McEwen. Just also that McEwens actions were dangerous.

As to previous altercations. It's been mentioned in the media but with no actually examples. Can anyone elaborate with actual instances?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jorisb78

by Jorisb78

In an interview with the dutch tv former sprinter Marcel Wsut commented on this sprint and although he thinks it is on the limit he finds that McEwen should not have been DQ. He kept his hands on the bars, did not change his line.
What I find interesting is that I read in the papers that he was DQ because the officials said he changed his line...well he kept his line in my eyes, but he used his head in an inapropriate way.
For me he went a bit too far in the end by using his head too much..if he just used it 1 or 2 times ok, but was leaning too much. Anyway, an interesting sprint, I liked it :)

jersievers

by jersievers

Robby got stuck in a bad spot behind boonen's wheel. Stewart boxed him in taking Robby out of the sprint. Robby clearly wanted Stewart's line and head butted him twice to get it. Dumbest part was that Robby only lost his chance at a better finish by messing around, oh, then he got DQed. Dumb move, but he can only blame himself, he shouldn't have be in a position to get boxed by Stewy.

skid

by skid

robbie said it was a defensive action because stuart was pushing him to the left. i think the footage shows that mcewen did not change his line, it was o'grady who moved towards him.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Great win from Robbie after an injustified disqualification in Tours!! :thumbup:

col hicks

by col hicks

:D way to go robbie . in an interview today he said there was no hard feelings with ogrady