Campag Eurus

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

San Marco

by San Marco

I have been using 2004 Kysriums sl since last year they're ok and I am aware that there are a lot of lighter wheels out there but I fancy a change.

I have been looking at the Eurus standard or carbon hub, yet again I know they are not the lightest but they are within my budget. I want to use them for road Racing only. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on them regarding the rear wheel stiffness and reliability.

THanks

Pantani

by Pantani

The Eurus is a much better wheel than the Kysirium. Handles better, better in crosswinds, bearings dont go out of adjustment and it feels stiffer to me.

The carbon hub version is crazy money for a tiny weight loss. Be aware however that Campag's shimano spline freehub is about 100g heavier than the campag spline one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Pantani wrote:The Eurus is a much better wheel than the Kysirium. Handles better, better in crosswinds, bearings dont go out of adjustment and it feels stiffer to me.

I second that. Excellent wheelset!

marko

by marko

My favorite wheel, they are very durable and is why they could be lighter. I Love the looks of the front hub as you cruise, very clean and durable.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Pantani wrote:The Eurus is a much better wheel than the Kysirium. Handles better, better in crosswinds, bearings dont go out of adjustment and it feels stiffer to me.

Way stiffer than the Ksyriums. Great wheels idd...

If you consider your budget, Eurus isn't that cheap. Neutron is an excellent product as well and I bought them for only 470€/pair.

sharkman

by sharkman

Eurus is only 20 Euro more expensive and comes in silver too :D

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

I have used Eurus wheels as well.
They are not the lightest, and the hubs are not the lightest but boy they run smooth and handle superb.
In my opinion, they are the best wheels in this range.

climbingcue

by climbingcue

I have a set of the Eurus wheels and have about 1700 miles on them so far... I think they are a great wheel... They are good for climbing and are fast on the flats...

JimmyD

by JimmyD

I cannot add anything more, excellent wheel for the price. Durable and look great. I have had a few hard hits with them and they are as true as the day I bought them

luck

by luck

sorry guys but i disagree with you all. I think the ksyrium Sl is the strongest wheel for the weight of em. I train and race on em and cant complain. i found the eurus wheels way too flexy flat windy races.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

luck wrote:sorry guys but i disagree with you all. I think the ksyrium Sl is the strongest wheel for the weight of em. I train and race on em and cant complain. i found the eurus wheels way too flexy flat windy races.

In my experience, it's just the opposite: I found the Ksyrium SLs too flexy, and I very much liked the stiffness of both Eurus and Neutron wheels. :noidea:

onyourleft

by onyourleft

luck wrote:sorry guys but i disagree with you all. I think the ksyrium Sl is the strongest wheel for the weight of em. I train and race on em and cant complain. i found the eurus wheels way too flexy flat windy races.

I guarantee you can't flex any of the Campy G3 wheels, at least not enough to be significant to most humans or even pro-level riders. It's obvious that you're either a Ksyrium fanboy, or have flex on the brain.

:roll:

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

i guess he does not mean they FLEX, but rather suffer in sidewinds.

onyourleft

by onyourleft

strobbekoen wrote:i guess he does not mean they FLEX, but rather suffer in sidewinds.

Your whole BIKE suffers in cross winds, not just the wheels. Eurus', Zonda's, and Scirocco's are no worse than other's with 30mm. rims and in fact probably have less cross wind drag than others of their ilk - because of fewer and narrower spokes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

onyourleft wrote:
strobbekoen wrote:i guess he does not mean they FLEX, but rather suffer in sidewinds.

Your whole BIKE suffers in cross winds, not just the wheels. Eurus', Zonda's, and Scirocco's are no worse than other's with 30mm. rims and in fact probably have less cross wind drag than others of their ilk - because of fewer and narrower spokes.

i know i know :) i ride Eurus wheels myself..
just trying to figure out what he meant since he mention windy :roll: