Anodized Cog Spacers?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

Has anyone come across anodized cog spacers for Shimano/SRAM 10-speed cassettes (or any cassettes for that matter). Just so it's clear, I'm talking about the 2.35mm (on Shimano/SRAM 10) spacers that fit between the smaller loose cogs.

Phill P

by Phill P

2.35mm is not a standard material thickness so not so easy to make in small volumes. Shimano would have many economically viable methods to make these spaces at this thickness. They could reroll the sheet strips then punch the spacers out, or they could just forge them (less likely as wouldn't be as fast).

If you were to make them at low volume - you'd maybe have to mill down a 2.5mm sheet then laser cut? A lot of waste and work for a tiny low value part that not many people would likely want to pay even $1 each for.

OK sorry - no haven't seen them
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Razor

by Razor

whydobearsxplod wrote:Has anyone come across anodized cog spacers for Shimano/SRAM 10-speed cassettes (or any cassettes for that matter). Just so it's clear, I'm talking about the 2.35mm (on Shimano/SRAM 10) spacers that fit between the smaller loose cogs.

I think you would be better off just prepping and spray painting the ones already on the cassette. It's not like they will be in contact with anything (on the top of the spacers) that may scuff them up. Sand them up, paint them, clear coat. I painted some hubs that way, they were not loose they were on a completely built wheel. 5 years later, no flaking, chipping, cracks.