Best Lightweight AND Comfortable Saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ramchip

by ramchip

I now have caught the ww bug so I'm planning a true ww build. I ride 3 or 4 times a week usually between 50km & 80km with a couple of 160kms each month. I'm lucking at the AX Lightness & MCFK saddles as I would like a saddle < 100g. How comfy are these saddles? Which one do you think is best or would you recommend another?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

You need to tell which saddles you know work for your anatomy, so people can try to suggest similar shapes that felt good for them.

claus

by claus

Sorry for joining in, but this seems to be good opportunity: I'm looking for a very light saddle too, but it would have to match the shape of the "classic" Flite (the original).
Did anyone go through that upgrade? Would
- one of the AX Lightness (which: Sprint, AX1000, Phoenix, ...)
- a Tune speedneedle
- a Smud Carbon
- something else
saddle match the Flite shape?

drainyoo

by drainyoo

I suggest getting a full carbon Chinese saddle off of eBay. They weigh less than 100g and cost under $100, so if it doesn't fit well, the loss isn't huge. Here is a photo of the one I have. Great weight, price and quality. Haven't rode it yet, so can't comment on comfort.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

drainyoo wrote:Great [...] quality. Haven't rode it yet

Uh oh

CBRE

by CBRE

DASH, buy mine, 87 grams! I have three of them, would and could not use anything else now, msg me if interested.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

aftereffector

by aftereffector

S-Works Toupe for me. I can also ride a Fizik Aliante and a Cobb HC170. I've tried a few other saddles but nothing has fit my butt better than those three. On a tri bike, I can ride the Cobb SHC very comfortably and the Fizik Arione, well, somewhat less comfortably; Ism Adamos are right out. I have heard lots of good things about Dash but the shape seems to resemble an Adamo, so I think I might as well just save the money and stay with the Toupe and other 143mm saddles with cutouts.