Best of Both Worlds Advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

The Keiser

by The Keiser

Howdy All, After some advice. I have recently got more into cycling after coming from a triathlon background. Although I've never had a pure TT bike, my current ride is fast for Tri's but heavy for road racing as it doesn't respond to accelerations well or take hills well. I have bought myself some Zipp 404's and am now selling the current bike so I can get something which is quick for Triathlon (Time Trialing) but also great for road racing. I'm leaning towards an Avanti Team Corsa.

Am I better off with two average bikes for each discipline or one top bike and use it for both? I would obviously attach TT Bars for triathlons. Would the Avanti be a good choice for both disciplines? Other reccomendations?
Thanks in advance, The Keiser!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stumpytrunks

by stumpytrunks

I'd go for a really good road bike as you can change everything apart from the frame for a tt purpose. With two average bikes you'll only get average enjoyment. Avanti sponsor my states institute of sport. The recent models (last two years) seem to be very good quality with no problaems that I know of so far. The previous models all seemed to crack in the down tubes with some exceptions. Although its no excuse for failure they were all raced and trained on very solidly in all conditions. If its a new one you can't go wrong I don't think.

buzacsi

by buzacsi

get a good road bike and some good aero extensions, or none, and make sure you are fitted properly and you will have a top triathlon bike and racer. where abouts in aus are you, pm me if ur in adelaide