Mavic new wheels 2006.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boonen

by Boonen

those prices are crazy. Both the Fulcrum and the new ksyriums are way to expensive for what you get. (IMO) The new cosmics look promising, but 1900€ ...

big fellow

by big fellow

they are insane prices - 1900 euro? gotta be kidding me....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TunedCannondaleR700

by TunedCannondaleR700

Thats weird mavic has a new ksyrium and it is only 5 grams lighter per pair. :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry:
Cannondale is quite simply the best

divve

by divve

onyourleft wrote:Looks to me that the "new" K's are priced just under what I think will be one of their biggest competitor's: the Fulcrum Racing 1. The R1's are $1000. US, and the R3's are $750. The R1's look like a K, and come in black or silver, and tubular. Both the R1 & 3 don't need rim tape. Fulcrum's are made by Campy.

That's only if you want to play their crazy game. In Europe you can get the Fulcrum Racing 1 for $589 bucks.

drjones96

by drjones96

TunedCannondaleR700 wrote:Thats weird mavic has a new ksyrium and it is only 5 grams lighter per pair. :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry:

Well if 1495g is the real weight that's significantly lighter than it was previously. Didn't they weigh about 1575g before (real weight)? The listings show the lightest one was the TDF Edition at 1565g and the rest in the listings are over 1600g.

onyourleft

by onyourleft

divve wrote:
That's only if you want to play their crazy game.

I just quoted the US retail for comparison. If I were in the market for a set of the Fulcrum's, the first place I'd be looking are the Euro e-tailer's. :idea:

I damned sure would not buy the K's again. Haven't ridden them in 5 years and I don't miss 'em.
Last edited by onyourleft on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knut

by Knut

drjones96 wrote:Well if 1495g is the real weight that's significantly lighter than it was previously. Didn't they weigh about 1575g before (real weight)? The listings show the lightest one was the TDF Edition at 1565g and the rest in the listings are over 1600g.

I would expect the 1495 grams to be the marketing weight and the real weight still to be around 1600 grams.

Dellucci

by Dellucci

Hey 900 euros for a pair of K´s, isn´t that crazy?????Take a look about that www.frank-bikes.de
Yes right you get a pair of FULL CARBON rims with sapim spockes and Tune hubs for 999 euros .They stiff and a good weight limit.So why the other stuff ?Perhaps just to have a name on it......or what?????

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

for me the Cosmics are too expensive. Here in France it will be 1900€ and not less... because Mavic compells the sellers to give the same price :oops: I can have some Bora for 1800€ and a set of Hyperon for 1500€ so there's no comparison... may be in a year or two a Front Hyperon and a rear Bora will be good 8)

moreover I think that the Bora will be lighter and better than Mavic, just a thought but..

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:for me the Cosmics are too expensive. Here in France it will be 1900€ and not less... because Mavic compells the sellers to give the same price :oops: I can have some Bora for 1800€ and a set of Hyperon for 1500€ so there's no comparison... may be in a year or two a Front Hyperon and a rear Bora will be good 8)

moreover I think that the Bora will be lighter and better than Mavic, just a thought but..

:o For that price I'm ready to take my car and do some shopping in France! :wink: Where is that??

Since I'm happy riding my Bora's, I would like some additional Hyperons as well, especially at 1500€/pair.

On topic: don't like the new Ksyriums... and yes, way too expensive!!

onyourleft

by onyourleft

Bora's and Hyp's both kill the Mavic's. Please, this isn't even a fair fight!

lol!

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Bora's and Hyp's both kill the Mavic's. Please, this isn't even a fair fight!

He, he.....
Let's not forget their predecessors either.
I'm talking good old Gipiemme, Ambrosio. Still high quality wheels most of the Campa range is based on those anyway.

To me, Mavic's good value for money but nothing trandescending.

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

divve

by divve

C a s r a n wrote:
Since I'm happy riding my Bora's, I would like some additional Hyperons as well, especially at 1500€/pair.

www.bike-palast.com

It's in Germany and you don't even have to drive there to get them. Just mail-order.

onyourleft

by onyourleft

divve wrote:
C a s r a n wrote:

www.bike-palast.com

It's in Germany and you don't even have to drive there to get them. Just mail-order.

Hey divve, d'ya know if they ship to US?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

Yes, they state they deliver in every country that UPS covers. When ordering from the US just makes sure they deduct the 16% German sales tax. Your price will be 1500/1.16 = 1293.10 Euro. That's about $1565 Dollars.