Canyon Aeroad CF 2011

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

as much as i love the black'n'white version, 2 wheels' post made me think.. being tennis maniac as well, i still use the 'old' Agassi model by Head (circa '99/'00). i've tried all the titanium and carbon stuff, from babolat to wilson and nothing feels as good as my good old, oversized 690 type.. so i've got like a dozen of high-end rackets in my basement that i don't use (gladly tennis equipment is a cheapo compared to bike stuff...)

and Canyon, they may use basalt fibres, adjustable rakes, fancy cable routing and other meaningless features. meaningles for 'serious' cyclists of course - i can imagine canyon selling it at a price so low competition won't even try to match, gain a lot of market share (amongst 'tech' geeks mainly) and make a new standard out of it, as other company's won't allow themselves not to offer similar features in their products

as for the question for whom it is designed - most amateurs don't race or anything. tour tests made us think parameters such as stiffness are the most crucial ones, but the truth is - lots of us just seek comfort and 'nice' handling more than superb performance when taken to the limit. from this perspective, Aeroad deffinitely has a good shot :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

rustychisel

by rustychisel

Well, I'll be f****d. Basalt. :shock:

Thanks for the additional info and setting me straight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cc3chan

by cc3chan

Basalt is also used in professional-grade composite camera tripod legs, companies such as Gitzo use them.

Perfition

by Perfition

So, release is coming closer - And some news: "Canyon Aeroad stem" is on the way and will probably be released along with the bike... Looks kinda freaky/revolutionary! Image

EDIT: Maybe not revolutionary since it builts on the same concept as the new Pro Missile Evo TT stem/bar (That the stem is closing in an "aeroshape" behind the steerfittings):
Speed isn't going to kill you. Suddenly becoming stationairy, that is what's gonna get ya'!

euan

by euan

Just realised this could the be Canyon frame for me since I can't get a -17 stem to compensate for the headtube on their other frames. Interesting...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So what if the headtube length isn't perfect and someone needs to run a small stack of spacers underneath that nifty stem? It would then look awkward, no?

The headtube length has been an issue for quite a number of people who have been interested in riding Canyon.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

rasmusic

by rasmusic

euan wrote:Just realised this could the be Canyon frame for me since I can't get a -17 stem to compensate for the headtube on their other frames. Interesting...

Sure you can.

djconnel

by djconnel

prendrefeu wrote:So what if the headtube length isn't perfect and someone needs to run a small stack of spacers underneath that nifty stem? It would then look awkward, no?

Too many people worry too much about spacers looking awkward. Nothing wrong with spacers up to at least 1 cm. Why would spacers be less aero than an extended head?

euan

by euan

rasmusic wrote:
euan wrote:Just realised this could the be Canyon frame for me since I can't get a -17 stem to compensate for the headtube on their other frames. Interesting...

Sure you can.

Awesome. I totally missed that. How did you order it from them?

rasmusic

by rasmusic

I just sent them an e-mail, no problem.

Roel W

by Roel W

As far as I could see, this frame hasn't been used in this year's TdF.
Anyone knows why?
The frame is already a few months old and the Tdf is the ultimate race to promote new stuff.

Willier

by Willier

Any news when will it be available :?:

Perfition

by Perfition

Early fall 3010 :)
Speed isn't going to kill you. Suddenly becoming stationairy, that is what's gonna get ya'!

Perfition

by Perfition

Prices will range from 2600 pounds for a complete bike... Don't know about frame prices :|

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

Roel W wrote:As far as I could see, this frame hasn't been used in this year's TdF.
Anyone knows why?
The frame is already a few months old and the Tdf is the ultimate race to promote new stuff.

The frame is not out yet. I heard Lotto will race on it next season for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com