Woodman Carbo DX?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Does anyone know anything about this post. It's supposed to be sub 150 grams for 31.6mm X 350mm with setback. Question is the weight accurate and how much setback? Woodman's site and emails to them have resulted in zero.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

by Weenie

micky

by micky

I just checked the catalogue Ive got at last Eurobike but they dont mention how much offset at all.

Seamus

by Seamus

I have the french magazine "Top Velo" December 2009, in front of me. In their big review of 1000+ components they state the offset at 25mm and they measured 111g for 27,2mm / 250mm.

Seamus

Estelja

by Estelja

There is a review in the xxcycle.com listing. In French the guy says 147g for a 31.6 / 350.

http://www.xxcycle.com/tige-de-selle-ca ... ww=en#avis

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I have one on order. It may have arrived at my office today but unfortunately I'm working outside the office. It will have to wait until Monday!
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

micky

by micky

The weight sounds very good.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

What's the verdict??

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Wish I had a verdict. Still waiting for it to come in. I'm hoping for today.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

yetimatt

by yetimatt

@juanmoretime or anyone for that matter,

Do you know where to get this post in the U.S.?

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I ordered mine from xxcycle in France since it appears to be the only place that stocks it. I would assume any Woodman dealer would be able to order it for you.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Well it finally showed up.

The moment of truth:

Not as advertised although it is easier on my eyes verses the Thomson setback post I have. The Thomson Materpiece shortened 25mm and with the Smud carbon clamp and titanium hardware is a 147 grams even. I can cut the very thick carbon tube 30mm which will get me closer to 150 grams. I do have it mounted and ready to ride. If the ride works out I'm going to cut it and use it. Will post the ride report later.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

These companies need to invest in better scales. Would anyone fault them for printing the exact weight. At least then they aren't pulling one over on us.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

A little ride report. What can you say about a seat post? As long as it doesn't creep, creak and holds the saddle firmly its doing its job. With over a 100 miles on it so far the Woodman does the above. I haven't trimmed it yet although will soon. I'm going to keep it even though it is slightly heavier than the Masterpiece with the carbon clamp and titanium hardware since it just looks better on my bike. The Thomson will be for sale soon!
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

professor

by professor

From the picture, it looks as if angle adjustment on the road is a nightmare. Is that the case? The front bolt looks inaccessible.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Woodman gives you a small, 8mm?, wrench with the post. The front titanium bolt has a section that is square so you adjust the front bolt with it. Its quite easy really although the first couple of rides you need to carry it with you. It could be a pain if your one of those that plays with their position all the time. I'm in the set it and forget it group so no big deal.

BTW, I still really like this post. Still need to cut off the excess but this time of year I prefer to spend every spare minute on the bike and not wrenching.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

by Weenie