British Coaching Organizations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SASHA

by SASHA

(The following is translated) British cyclists, our Team guys like to know which is governing body of cycling in GB? BCF or another group called ABCC. We think there is something funny here. BCF looks official to us but who is ABCC?? They for real??
Moderator-we don't know where to put this question, sorry.

NS

by NS

They are both recognised coaching organisations in the UK. The ABCC provides a self study home learning type course and usually provide you with a mentor. Whereas the British Cycling course is usually 2 or 3 days of classroom work.

A lot of the UK coaches have both qualifications although I wouldnt say this was a must. The ABCC website in particular has some very good articles written by highly respected coaches.

Hope this helps

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SASHA

by SASHA

NS wrote:They are both recognised coaching organisations in the UK. The ABCC provides a self study home learning type course and usually provide you with a mentor. Whereas the British Cycling course is usually 2 or 3 days of classroom work.

A lot of the UK coaches have both qualifications although I wouldnt say this was a must. The ABCC website in particular has some very good articles written by highly respected coaches.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much but this answer don't help at all. Which one is official coaching organization of GB??We don't care about study or articles. What recognized means? Who is recognizing??Both can not be official we think. Only one can be for real.
We think this smells funny. Which one coaches official GB teams?? BCF right?? This ABCC sounds like not official, right??

NS

by NS

SASHA wrote:
NS wrote:They are both recognised coaching organisations in the UK. The ABCC provides a self study home learning type course and usually provide you with a mentor. Whereas the British Cycling course is usually 2 or 3 days of classroom work.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much but this answer don't help at all. Which one is official coaching organization of GB??We don't care about study or articles. What recognized means? Who is recognizing??Both can not be official we think. Only one can be for real.
We think this smells funny. Which one coaches official GB teams?? BCF right?? This ABCC sounds like not official, right??

British Cycling (formerly BCF) run their own coaching program but the GB team is run by the World Class Performance Plan. A coach accredited on the British Cycling course does not mean they are coaching The GB Squad.

Perhaps if you address your queries to the organisations themselves you will be pleasantly surprised by the response.

I dont see what smells funny about it. Are there no other sports that have more than one coaching body?

SASHA

by SASHA

NS wrote:
SASHA wrote:

Hope this helps

British Cycling (formerly BCF) run their own coaching program but the GB team is run by the World Class Performance Plan. A coach accredited on the British Cycling course does not mean they are coaching The GB Squad.

Perhaps if you address your queries to the organisations themselves you will be pleasantly surprised by the response.

I dont see what smells funny about it. Are there no other sports that have more than one coaching body?

So BCF is GB squad right?? Only one offical coach for real British Cycling Team BCF right?? ABCC not offical coaching body right?? This don't smell really stinks ABCC trying to fool people they not official coaches for GB at all, just have name sounds official, right??

rico

by rico

Sasha - NS is trying to help, but there is clearly a language problem. I think it's fair to say that the official governing body for cycling in the UK is British Cycling (www.bcf.uk.com) formerly called the British Cycling Federation.

The Association of British Cycling Coaches is an independent, but very experienced organisation for UK cycling coaches.

But as NS says, the GB team is coached under the World Class Performance Plan.

What 'smells' about any of that? You clearly have a reason for asking. Care to share it?

rico

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Guys, if you quote, please remove the older quotes in that message.

Thanks in advance

Sasha Welcome
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

SASHA

by SASHA

No language problem with you since you give nice clear answer to us, BCF is official governing body of British Cycling. Only thing British about ABCC is letter B.
Reason I like to know is same as you, is good to know the truth, right?

Moderators-sorry for trouble.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com