Litespeed Ghisallo - no more production

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

I gotta say that I rode my 2002 Ghisallo for years without complaint and I go up to 190lbs after the long winter. My main beef was with the Ouzo Pro fork. The frame tracked noticibly better after I replaced it with an EC90SL and gave it 3mm more rake. I traded up to an Archon T1 wich is noticeably stiffer, but I'm not sure this makes me any faster, and I know it makes long bumpy rides a little less cushy.

I kinda miss that Ti springyness. If I ever long for a truely weenie build I'd give the Ghisallo another shot.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I don't mean to be Killing anyone!...

Hey it's all relative. Herberts a bigger guy and has no problem at all. I'm a smaller guy who's had any number of stiffer bikes that I prefer that also had very good comfort. Relative to a lot of performance oriented bikes, the Ghisalo was simply a flexy bike...

I'm not a fan of overly stiff bikes for sure. I've said it plenty of times that I think too much emphasis is on stiffness now and it's making for bikes that are a weak minded marketing guy's dream (to be able to quote a number and act as if people ride a calculator). But the Ghisalo was on the opposite end of "too stiff" and not what I would call middle of the road. Over the different editions that mark moved around a bit but it was never a bike that I wouldnt put below medium stiffness (bottom 25% of performance oriented bikes) leaning to a degree that a lot of people would find too flexy. That doesnt mean it didnt have it's fans or that some folks wouldnt disagree.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Sorry Pez. I didn't mean anything by the comment. You're one of my favorite posters and your opinion holds more weight (in my opinion) than most others. I was just disappointed you don't love my bike above all others. :cry:

CharlesM

by CharlesM

:lol:

I know. Hell at the end of the day I shoulda just shut up anyway. It's like speaking ill of a recently passed freind!

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

it's ok Pez the Ghisalo is just retired-not dead!
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.