HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I'm BAAAACK!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: Colorado
YEEEEEEEEEEEHA!

I'm back in the game, or soon will be! Thanks to my speedplay inserts sales in the last couple weeks I'll be on a new bike in a month or so. Plus since I sold all of my stuff I have more money to build an even nicer bike! HAHAHA

Guess it was kind of obvious that I was back in asking all of those questions about which wheels are better and what frame is the best. Ah, it is a good day indeed. :

_________________
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! HUH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:54 pm
Posts: 38
Location: Spain
Happy to listen that!!!

Welcome one more time.

_________________
Excuse my English, it is not my mother tongue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:58 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 pm
Posts: 1653
Location: New York City
Welcome back again, what are you in the market for now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: in Colorado
do you still have some inserts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: Colorado
This time I'm building the best possible bike I can, money is no object here, just pure performance. I'm not really going for the lightest, rest asured it will be light, but I'm looking more towards absolute performance.

Only things definate so far are all Dura-ace 04, Fizik Airione saddle, and most likely American Classic 420 16/20 bladed. I really want a fast machine, I can out climb anyone, but my flatland is a little weak, thats why I'm looking at the 420's and maybe the Litespeed Vortex, very quick frame.

Any suggestions for this bike are welcomed. It probley won't be less then 15lbs, but it will be the lightest and fastest damned bike around. :twisted:

_________________
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! HUH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: White Rock, New Mexico, USA
Hey, can't keep a good man down, huh? Glad you are back. God, you make more quick moves than my email can keep up with! All of you weight weenies out there. I bought Superlite's CAT brakes and the deal went perfectly. This is a man you can trust. I do. I like the brqkes too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:37 pm
Posts: 79
more spam


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: Colorado
How is that spam? YOUR SPAM! :twisted:

_________________
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! HUH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:34 pm
Posts: 1653
Location: New York City
what frame are you looking at getting? and how much are you going to spend on this bike (you say money is no object but it surely was a few days ago). i would look at the scott cr1 team issue. if you like integrated bars take a look at the kuota viking bars, and why dont you try go get the cr420; MantraPro said he might be able to get them (im saying just the rims) pair them up with some nice light spada hubs :wink:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... .php?t=680

are you going to use the dura ace cranks, or are you going to get carbon ones? brakes? will you get the cats again, or did you not sell your pair?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:43 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Belgium
Take the Corima Aeros man! 1000 euro and killing look carbon and stiff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:52 pm
Posts: 126
Superlite wrote:
This time I'm building the best possible bike I can, money is no object here, just pure performance. I'm not really going for the lightest, rest asured it will be light, but I'm looking more towards absolute performance.

Only things definate so far are all Dura-ace 04, Fizik Airione saddle, and most likely American Classic 420 16/20 bladed. I really want a fast machine, I can out climb anyone, but my flatland is a little weak, thats why I'm looking at the 420's and maybe the Litespeed Vortex, very quick frame.

Any suggestions for this bike are welcomed. It probley won't be less then 15lbs, but it will be the lightest and fastest damned bike around. :twisted:


Bet you can't. Is that why you had a 25T rear cassette on your last bike?

Only fat/slow blokes ride 25's :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:01 pm
Posts: 2477
Location: Colorado
No, I had a 12-25 because when I train I spin at times. Extra high cadence helps build speed and endurence. When ever I'm riding my chain rarely even see's the 23t, only in desprite climbs. Besides, I live in CO, ever hear of the ROCKY MOUNTAiNS. You try riding just a 25t up pikes peak.

You say old bloated guys ride a 25t, I got news for you, siminoe, armstrong, hearas and most other world class climbers ride 27t, even up to 30t in the tour's mountain stages. Guess they must be old, fat and bloated to huh?

I don't see you as a CAT 2 racer so, "I'd shut your mouth, or I'll fill it with my fist." Ewen Mcewen :twisted:

_________________
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! HUH!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:52 pm
Posts: 126
Superlite wrote:
No, I had a 12-25 because when I train I spin at times. Extra high cadence helps build speed and endurence. When ever I'm riding my chain rarely even see's the 23t, only in desprite climbs. Besides, I live in CO, ever hear of the ROCKY MOUNTAiNS. You try riding just a 25t up pikes peak.

You say old bloated guys ride a 25t, I got news for you, siminoe, armstrong, hearas and most other world class climbers ride 27t, even up to 30t in the tour's mountain stages. Guess they must be old, fat and bloated to huh?

I don't see you as a CAT 2 racer so, "I'd shut your mouth, or I'll fill it with my fist." Ewen Mcewen :twisted:


You have a seriously bad attitude man. It was a little jab not to be taken seriously at all. "got news for me" most tour stages only require a 23T. Only stages in the Giro like L'agrilu (sp?) require a 30 or so. That quote was from ROBBIE Mc EWAN who the hell is Ewan?

You dont see me as a second cat? what based on my few posts on this site. Please share with me some of your fine victories.

Sort out the chip on your shoulder man.

MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT wtf??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm BAAAACK!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:37 pm
Posts: 79
Superlite wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEHA!

I'm back in the game, or soon will be! Thanks to my speedplay inserts sales in the last couple weeks I'll be on a new bike in a month or so. Plus since I sold all of my stuff I have more money to build an even nicer bike! HAHAHA

Guess it was kind of obvious that I was back in asking all of those questions about which wheels are better and what frame is the best. Ah, it is a good day indeed. :


the initial post has what to do with road cycle parts?

not all ov us are interested in your life problems, try & stay on topic please


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm BAAAACK!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:52 pm
Posts: 126
:-) wrote:
Superlite wrote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEHA!

I'm back in the game, or soon will be! Thanks to my speedplay inserts sales in the last couple weeks I'll be on a new bike in a month or so. Plus since I sold all of my stuff I have more money to build an even nicer bike! HAHAHA

Guess it was kind of obvious that I was back in asking all of those questions about which wheels are better and what frame is the best. Ah, it is a good day indeed. :


the initial post has what to do with road cycle parts?

not all ov us are interested in your life problems, try & stay on topic please


Hey mr Pnuts that you? dont be so bloomin cheeky.

Superlard you there??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I'm BAAAACK!!!
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:50 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Attermann, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB