My latest wheel build.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Hey!

I've built a very interesting rear wheel composed of an Ambrosio Crono f20 rim and Dura ace 7800 hubs with 28 Cx-ray spokes.
Check the link
Of course it's in french but you don't need obligatory to read in order to see the pictures :)

Adrien.Regards.

by Weenie

okr

by okr

Nice, love the classic-look!
I have been wondering about the crono f20 rim, is it easy to build stiff? The Mavic reflex rim has a tendency to give if it is pushed too hard..
where can one buy the rim?

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Mavic Reflex and Ambrosio Chrono are about on par stability wise. Besides my Heliums I run a set of tune/DT aerolite/Reflex at around 1350 grams as a great performer in crits where a bit of flex over rough surfaces and in turns is a very good thing. No excessive truing required though (rider is ~ 72 kg/159 lbs).

tommy

by tommy

i'm getting mine tomorrow. Ive got the same wheels build, but i have a 32 hole version. hoping it will be stiff.

The waranty is gone on the hubs because i build the front wheel radial.
Will this give any problems???

drjones96

by drjones96

Nice weight on the rim!
You could have built them up with a Tune MAG190 rear hub and saved about 70g but the DA7800 is a good durable hub also from what I understand.
Did you use brass or alloy nipples (or some combination of both)?

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

The TUNE mag 190 are much more expensive than the DA 7800, so I chose the shimano one.
The nipples are alloy ones. (those ones which comes with the spokes).

jersievers

by jersievers

tommy wrote:i'm getting mine tomorrow. Ive got the same wheels build, but i have a 32 hole version. hoping it will be stiff.

The waranty is gone on the hubs because i build the front wheel radial.
Will this give any problems???

You can do radial on new DA front hub, they say it in their literature. They make one all they way down to an 18 hole drill too. Not sure what it says in the warrantee, but assume it would be covered.

Cannondale

by Cannondale

Very cool rear wheel. I am also building a wheelset with the Ambrosio Crono f20 rims but theirs is not standing Ambrosio with the same large words as yours. Have you made it your self or is my rim new/older version??

Sine Pondus - Without weight
www.velosport.dk

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

Cannondale wrote:Very cool rear wheel. I am also building a wheelset with the Ambrosio Crono f20 rims but theirs is not standing Ambrosio with the same large words as yours. Have you made it your self or is my rim new/older version??

Yes this is the latest decals. I also have one rim like you with the small words. I keep this one for the front.

by Weenie