Cervelo R2.5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Briwilk

by Briwilk

Cervelo R 2.5
Easton SLX Fork
2005 Campy Record Group
Rolf Prima Elan Aero Wheel Set
Zero Gravity Ti Breaks
FSA Compact Carbon Crank
Ritchey OS Bar and Stem
Keo Pedals
Attachments
cervelo 0.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briwilk

by Briwilk

Zero Gravity Ti Breaks
Attachments
cervelo 8.jpg

Briwilk

by Briwilk

FSA Compact Carbon Crank
Attachments
cervelo 7.jpg

Briwilk

by Briwilk

Rolf Prima Elans
Attachments
cervelo 5.jpg

Briwilk

by Briwilk

Easton SLX
Attachments
cervelo 4.JPG

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Nice bike!

MGS9500

by MGS9500

Great bike and nice looking set up.

Two questions:
1.) Weight?
You've got a light components. I'm curious what the total weight is. The Prima Elan's and the SLX fork with the brakes are as light and as good for the money as you can find.

2.) What size is the frame?
I notice the high stem rise and the saddle post is up fairly high.

Why didn't you go with the next size frame?
Not being critical, just curious.

Nice bike!!

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

MGS9500 wrote:Why didn't you go with the next size frame?
Not being critical, just curious.

I'll guess that he didn't want a very short stem? the Cervlo frames certainly make a seatpost look long tho :)

sharkman

by sharkman

Sorry to say but this frame is a classic example of offering the wrong proportions for it's rider.
If Briwilk doesn't have a temprarely back ache and the saddle will soon move backwards/ stem will be turned around the conclusion has to be the frame is too small and too long for his proportions.

Think this would be a case for an italian or custom made frame.

First thing to change on this frame has to be the setback post, change it to straight one and it might look better.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Positions of saddle and handlebar look sick. A collection of interesting parts doesn't make a nice bike.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

sharkman wrote:Sorry to say but this frame is a classic example of offering the wrong proportions for it's rider.
If Briwilk doesn't have a temprarely back ache and the saddle will soon move backwards/ stem will be turned around the conclusion has to be the frame is too small and too long for his proportions.

Think this would be a case for an italian or custom made frame.
True

First thing to change on this frame has to be the setback post, change it to straight one and it might look better.
But this would only work if his thigh was overly short.
Position works like this -
1 Saddle height - function of leg length
2 Set back - function of thigh length
3 Top tube/stem length - function of trunk length & arm length

If you use set back to compensate for the reach being wrong you may end up with an equally bad position.

Nice components shame about the frame size.

I once had a customer who had a Seven, full Record with all the bells and whistles. And neck and lower back pain. £4000 bike that looked and rode worse than a bike a tenth of the cost because he'd fallen in love with the frame and bought it against the advice of several shops including the dealer who sold it to him. In the end he had to sell it and buy a frame that fitted him.

carlos

by carlos

i dont see nothing that wrong with this bike. all he needs to do is get a straight seatpost and work on his flexibility. hist seatpost is not much exposed at all, his stem is not that long at all either. to tell you the truth i have seen much worse pro bikes than this one, like that michael barry´s trek.. :?

if he feels confortable on his bike, and he should be, the look is not important at all, except for some "internet builders" that love to build bikes that looks like pro bikes but never hit the road half as hard.
hey
ho
lets go!

brianwchan

by brianwchan

Yeah, I don't see what the problem is. Maybe get a post with 0 setback, and trim the steerer when the time comes.

PNuT

by PNuT

erm, can someone explain how a frame can be too long & too small to me please :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Briwilk

by Briwilk

As for the seat position, I agree with the consensus and I plan to eventually go with a lighter zero off-set post. This is the post that came with the frameset so I’m just making due for now. As someone mentioned previously, I have a short femur relative to my overall leg length so it just something I have had to deal with on all my bikes.

As for the frame size, I’m 5’11’’ and the frame is a 56 cm. I have gone back and forth on flipping the stem, however, I climb in the Colorado Mountains about 90% of the time and simply prefer a more upright position when climbing. If I lived in Florida, I would probably ride with the stem flipped the other way with no discomfort.

As for weight, it is just under 15 lbs as pictured. Keep in mind that this is with a seat that I can stand to ride on for 5 plus hours and 220 gram tires which offer the durability I need for every day riding. Change out the seat, seat post and tires and it would be right at 14lbs.

Hope this helps.