My DMT 259gram shoes are here!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

This is per shoe and size 45!!! Not bad, I think the lightest production shoe you can buy, plus its a DMT, which are the best!!

I waited months for this shoe, as shoes with clips give me lots of pain, I had the older models of these and they were perfect. So I hope these are good too!
Attachments
DMT.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

518 gram for a set of race shoes is not bad! How much do those shoes cost?

The special made Rocket 7 shoes are 180g per shoe (size 40) and that's 360 gram for one set. But they are more expensive.

/edit:
Found an article about a DMT Flash shoes at Pez: 243 grams per shoe (for the size 41’s).

kingtom

by kingtom

i've ordered them too. but in withe. they looks very much better in withe :P

but i'm still waiting.... :cry:

big fellow

by big fellow

that's pretty damn light!

how's the fit on them? I have wide feet and am wondering whether they'd fit...

mises

by mises

I just got a pair of D2 custom shoes and highly recommend them. Weight was 499.5g for around size 43. They have a thicker carbon sole so are stiffer than the Rocket7 and I think the design and workmanship is better too. Cost $575 with custom cleat placement (long toes so I need the holes waay back).

Solved a lot of biomechanical and fit issues I had for years and could only partly solve with wedges and other tweaks. Pedaling mechanics are much better and efficiency, particularly standing up and pushing big gears, is significantly better. I never thought I was wasting so much energy trying to stabilize things. I thought it was drugs but it's obviously the custom shoes that make Pros so fast :o

I have been sold on custom frames for a long time but now it's got to be custom shoes too. Considering how much the top of the line standard shoes like Sidi, Carnac, and DMT are now it's not really that much more to get custom either.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

for me, the DMT shoes are not well airy, and so it feels too hot in the shoes. Now I have Shimano SH215 and it is much better even if I think that it is too stiff. Weight is good but on the shoes,comfort is better, if you can pedal comfortably, also you will pedal with much power. I don't know, may be you think DMt are comfortable, but for me, it is too stiff, not comfortable, not well- airy... :roll:

ms6073

by ms6073

I have a pair of the 2004 Ultimax (pearl/black) and really like DMT shoes but in my experience, the quality of the materials is not quite up to the price. I use Specialized Pro Carbon road shoes for nearly all training rides and use the DMT's for racing but last year after only 6-months (2-3 races road/crits) per month, the velcro on the second strap on both shoes sort of separated leaving a gap that exposed the synthetic leather of the strap which began to wear to the point where I had to have a small piece of leather sewn in place to prevent the strain on the strap from causing it to tear/separate.

Also, the tongue needs to be a bit wider as it tends to wonder around and on long races, I have to loosen the micro-ratchet so that I can repostion the tongue to alieviate the discomfort this causes. From the looks of things, the new DMT Flash appears to have a slightly different angle on the top strap/buckle as well as a somwhat wider tongue and so I am considering purchasing a set of these shoes for racing.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:for me, the DMT shoes are not well airy, and so it feels too hot in the shoes. Now I have Shimano SH215 and it is much better even if I think that it is too stiff. Weight is good but on the shoes,comfort is better, if you can pedal comfortably, also you will pedal with much power. I don't know, may be you think DMt are comfortable, but for me, it is too stiff, not comfortable, not well- airy... :roll:

I totally agree. I tried DMT´s and had to right back to shimanos for the same reasons as you.

andy17

by andy17

Got my dmt,s today, size 44, done a short ride and stright away got a pain on the top of my right foot, then realized it was the tongue not centered, sole's feel nice and stiff, and the light weight is very noticeable, used sidi energy for 5 years, and still look good now, raceing this weekend with hills 14%, will give a more detailed report then.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

for me, the DMT shoes are not well airy, and so it feels too hot in the shoes.

Yep...Same here, too stiff and they tend to squeeze my feet at places that make long rides a PIA.
Too hot in the Summer despite the frontal air inlets, too cold in the winter even with shoe covers....Go figure.

My favourite shoes are the older Time Pro Cx so far.
Haven't tried the new Times but I hear they're made by DMT or at least parts of them anyway.
Maybe I'll give those a try anyway.

Shoes are a very personal thing though, but one thing I'll never do again; I'll never go for the cheapest ones in the range again.
More often than not it's just a waste of money even if only used for training purposes.

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

big fellow

by big fellow

@ fdegrove

a little off topic - but am intrigued by your caption "being a snob is an expensive hobby"

what's all that about? :wink:

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

what's all that about?

Errrrrrr....
Just my excuse for throwing more money than strictly necessary at my bikes, I suppose........ :oops:

Hopefully everyone sees the humour of the signature....
Don't want to offend anyone....Wouldn't dare...Ever. 8)

Ciao, :wink:

P.S. First name's Frank.
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

andy17

by andy17

First ride of 30miles, shoes have started to rub by ankle bone on both feet, think it's because they come up higher than my sidi which never rub even when new, should be ok when top off shoe moulds to foot, vary vary stiff, feel's like all my effort is not being wasted, did have a touch of cramp by the toes, i love these shoes and when my feet get's used to them will be even better, make's my sidi's energy feel soft but will keep them for long training rides.

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

They rock! super light! and best part is, made of pure plastic. I just did a 4 day stage race in the rain and was the only one not putting newspaper in my shoes. Cause I just wiped is with a towel! and they were dry!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andy17

by andy17

that is way there are rubing my feet, sidi's use soft fabric near the tops, will be ok just needs my skin to harded up a bit.