light fork

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wally318

by wally318

I'm looking into carbon forks that would be near to or under 300 grams with a 150 mm steerer. Any suggestions on what different models of fork are out there for long enough that a used one might be found for a reasonable price? I would be using it for a hillclimb TT bike.
AEROLITUS-defender of the faith

wally318

by wally318

I know that the ceramic bearing issue has been covered quite extensively. What I'd like to know is have there been any tests or studies done that can quantify the effects of bearing quality(precision) on performance? Sort of like wind tunnel drag tests on aero wheels, but in this case it would be bearing friction. Has anyone out there changed their bearings from a standard ABEC 1 to a ABEC 5/7 or 9 or even ceramic that can give testimonials as to improved performance or not? Sorry, goofed up. Please ignore.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Michiel

by Michiel

Wally, I have a unused full carbon Cannondale Slice fork (1 1/8" for integrated), that will be about or under the 300 gr. If wnated incl. Extralite Ultrastar expander and Schmolke topcap. Depending on where you live it can easily be shipped. let me know if interested.
Storck Stiletto, Look HCS 5, THM Scapula, etc etc are other options

Cannondale

by Cannondale

Go for the Storck Stiletto Light. I have just brought one and Iam very happy about it. The best fork ever.
Sine Pondus - Without weight
www.velosport.dk

CP

by CP

I have a Stiletto light to sell,
PM me
CP

wally318

by wally318

Thanks for the offers guys. But my pockets aren't that deep. Also because it's a dedicated H.C. TT bike( uphill only ) I'm trying to keep the cost down. Currently it has a modded Vitus alum. fork with a 7075 steerer that weighs 350 grams and I'm trying to see if there is a possibilty of some improvement. I was thinking of something like a Profile AC or similar but lighter that maybe I don't know about that would be cost effective. It also has to have a 1 inch steerer. The way things stand right now with whats finished and the rest that's designed but not complete it should come in around 8.6 lbs. with front brake and rear derr. and 7-8 speeds on the rear with only the seat top in carbon fiber.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com