Super Record EPS Help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Richtw

by Richtw

I need to refit a new cover plate to my Super Record EPS V4 in the handlebars. Do I simply turn the system off using the magnets against the seatpost, then pull the connectors out of the EPS unit, fit plate, plug back in and remove the magnets?

Will I need to 'reset' the system or will everything just work as it does now?

Many Thanks :)

barbaar

by barbaar

Yes, that will work. You may needs to recalibrate your shifting afterwards, but that shouldn't be to hard...
Fuctor Ostro - Campy EPS SR Disc 12sp/P2M NG
Ridley R12 - Campy EPS Record 11sp/P2M NGEco
Thrust something - Campy Chorus/Record mechanical/P2M NGEco

No, that's not a typo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Richtw

by Richtw

Sorted ... will give it a go and see what happens! TY

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Just throwing another Q on here, Not sure if someone might have some experience on this one.

Just set up the EPS and something weird happens when in big/big (11/25). The cross chain angle seems so aggressive that the chain drops on the big ring and if i back pedal, it just all gets mashed with the chain going from the 25 down to the 23 on the rear. (i know i'm not supposed to be in this gear, but it happens)

Not sure if i'm explaining this clearly, but I've played around with the set up, seems okay, FD is aligned straight with the tool.

I'm currently running 52/36 - 11/25, all campag gear.

tomato

by tomato

Don't pedal backwards.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Can i get some help troubleshooting a problem i've had?

My rear mech recently had some inward impact and i've been having a nightmare getting it set up properly again.

I replaced the mech hanger and couldn't get the shifting 100% right. I then replaced with brand new chain and cassette (both campag 11s) and the shifting seemed okay, it wasn't as perfect as before but i was back on the road. I've then recently noticed that the chain seems to be slipping in the 13, 12, 11. I've tried multiple wheelsets and inspected the freewheels, so i'm ruling the wheels out as the issue.

I'm wondering if there could have been damage to the rear mech, but not sure how that could explain skipping gears. the set up appears to be straight.

Thanks in advance!

Miller

by Miller

EPS rear mechs have a crash protection feature. The derailleur motor linkage clamps on the metal rod you can see sticking out from the upper linkage. In the event of heavy impact on derailleur the clamp can slide along that rod. This will absolutely screw the shifting. You have to manually manipulate the derailleur so that the clamp clicks back into the correct place on the rod, I think there's an indent there. Have a close look, it might be what's happened to your mech. Assuming it is, it's very fixable.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Thanks! Would that be the uncoupling feature? That doesn't seem to be the issue unfortunately.

Can you see any scenario where a damaged mech would cause gears to skip? (not skip to another gear, all within the same cog)

Just trying to troubleshoot to see what i can rule out.

Miller

by Miller

I can't think why new chain on new cassette would skip unless the indexing was out. Have you switched off the EPS with the magnet band then reset the gears from scratch?

Worst case is you've bent the derailleur somehow. They are pretty robust though.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Yep. Was reset after using the mag at strap. Had to reset everything as the mech was clipped right in to the rear wheel so had to reset a new mech hanger.

Indexing looks good. Visually the mech looks fine and falls straight so it's getting really annoying.

Also want to avoid replacing the mech if that isn't the issue.

micky

by micky

Had a minor crash where the rear derailleur hanger was bent and after buying a new hanger I couldn't have it to work 100% as brand new.
I bought an alignment tool to check the new hanger and it was a tiny bit off.
Now Im still in the "almost perfect" shifting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com