Jens and Alex, yesterday

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

the_taaboo

by the_taaboo

I gues the most people here have seen Jens' and Alex' brave ride yesterday.

My race heart was beating for both drivers:
firstly I wish Jens the victory, since he attacs in nearly every race and this should sometimes result in a great win, like here at LBL.
secondly I wish Alex and the T-Mobile team the win, he has a long come back after his surgery.
I never believe that such a big group was not able to catch them, but on the other hand the group was too full with potencial winners...

As Alex starts an attack during a hill climb Jens follows him, which was amazing! At this time I thought Jens wins, but Alex has the better acceleration out of the last corner.
For me it was thrilling!
Think about the lightest part on your bike? Your brain! -Use it and do not buy any component, but the one which suits your riding style...

ALx

by ALx

really a beautifull race!
Sprinters are born not made

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

divve

by divve

Yes, excellent! I really enjoyed the race. I do think Jens should race a bit smarter though. I've seen him loose several times now after going into "TT" mode and not having enough left in the end.

sharkman

by sharkman

About racing smarter, how about Boogerd, 12th time ending a classic race amongst the first three and only one victory (amstel gold race).

Eddy

by Eddy

sharkman wrote:About racing smarter, how about Boogerd, 12th time ending a classic race amongst the first three and only one victory (amstel gold race).

I don't think it's that easy , if Boogerd jump with this two guys all the rest will have follow for sure .

It's sad for boogerd but I think he deserve respect 12 time top three is there every year one day he wiil make it , anyway great riders both three .

Leroni

by Leroni

i hope that jens won't win a race by riding smarter. just race and become second.
boogerd will atac in every race get a few meters and look backwards,by looking back you don't use full pedal force so 15 riders are back in his wheel. so he never wins.

Der jens don't look backwards he beleves in his own strength.

By csc ain't one men that has to win the race ,the team had the victory.by liqugas and ....bank is only one rider that is "aloud" to win so it is easy to elemenate them .
but to the topic.

FORZA JENS !! (and vino also)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mises

by mises

Excellent race. He waited a little too long to try it but I thought Cadel Evans was the only guy in the second group that tried to go for the win rather than racing to keep the other guy from winning. Most of the time you have to risk losing to win and he was the only one that seemed willing to do that.